Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which system to set up CUA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we are setting up CUA. AS of now we are having solution manager and ECC system.

My question is which application we should set up CUA. In future we are planning to have Position based security so was just wondering if CUA should be set up in ECC system?

Can anyone telll pros and cons of setting up CUA in each of these applications

Thanks

Parveen

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bernhard_SAP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Parveen,

the most important point in my opinion is to take care, that your CUA-master system is a high availability system as your productive system(s). Pls think ybout what happens, if you cua -central system is down and you have to maintain users in your PRD. Of course this is possible but will cause further steps to be able too and to be consistent later on with your CUA again. For the CUA itself (technical part) it does not matter if you set it up on a Solman (which is in most cases not a high availability system), in an ERP or a simple 'basis' system....

b.rgds, Bernhard

5 REPLIES 5

Bernhard_SAP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Parveen,

the most important point in my opinion is to take care, that your CUA-master system is a high availability system as your productive system(s). Pls think ybout what happens, if you cua -central system is down and you have to maintain users in your PRD. Of course this is possible but will cause further steps to be able too and to be consistent later on with your CUA again. For the CUA itself (technical part) it does not matter if you set it up on a Solman (which is in most cases not a high availability system), in an ERP or a simple 'basis' system....

b.rgds, Bernhard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

You can setup CUA between different systems and also in a single system between two clients.

It depends on your requirement.As you said you have solution manager and ECC here i would like to know how many ECC systems you have in your landscape.

You have to take one client in your ECC system as the CUA parent client and other clients in the same system or different systems as child clients.You have to maintain RFC connection between the parent and childs 1:1.There will be one RFC between parent and each child.

Rest information you will get in below link

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_03/helpdata/EN/08/ed591f9ff00343952f11a7b707f28a/frameset.htm

Regards

Ashok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Depending on the scale of your SAP implementation (and budget) it may make sense to either implement CUA in the productive ECC system or on a stand-alone box (see Bernard's comments about availability). As regarding position-based security, this has more to do with your role assignment philosophy (HR, structural authorizations, infotype 105 and so on...) and shouldn't really interfere on where the actual CUA master is set up. Basically, role assignments via CUA can be done from anywhere, the bottom line is that the CUA master system has to be available and stable in order to avoid problems (or, should I say, avoid them as much as possible...)

Regards,

Trond

Edited by: Trond Stroemme on Aug 21, 2008 10:47 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

I agree with experts and we have set up CUA in ECC system. It has following advantage

- High Availability

- no need to replicate HR organisation structure in case position based security

- Can create business role in ERP to be assigned through CUA

Parveen

0 Kudos

One of the important point to be rememberd is data consistency. Which of your clients or systems has high number of users with correct user data, should be considered as CUA central. If not, while importing user master records you might need to correct the data.

Usually ERP production or Solution manager are the preferred options, or atleast I have seen in many clients.