Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Performance in Smart Forms

Adi_Bathineni
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Guru's,

I've experinece in developing smartforms.

Still i need to explore lot more in smart Forms.

Now i'm not able to understand which is the best way to get the data in to Smartforms.

I mean to say, Getting all the Data through the Driver Program and passing that info to SF is the Best way????

What is the disadvantage if i get all the data in SF and processing in the SF????

which is the better way to get the Standard TEXT's data???

Through Driver program or through the Text Module in the Smartform.

Please give me reply as soon as possible.

Regards,

Adi.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

to pass data to smart form is through driver program it is good way.

SAP Smart Forms allow you to execute simple modifications to the form and in the form logic by using simple graphical tools; in 90% of all cases, this won't include any programming effort.

To print a form, you need a program for data retrieval and a Smart Form that contains the entire from logic.

former_member196280
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I guess, how effectively you use your samrtform while data retrive, if you have complete grip in smartform and make sure, that you are not calling same select statement multiple times inside your smartfrom. In that case retriving data from database through smartfrom or driver program is one and the same. But only only advantage you get while doing it in driver program is that you do all your fetching and then pass it to SF. So, you will have a complete grip on the flow etc.

Good to read standard text inside your SF.

Rgds,

SaiRam

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Adi,

The best way to pass data to smart form is through driver program.

The only disadvantage of putting all the data retrival statement in smartforms is, it affect the performance badly.you may nt see any change in performance for a prinitng of single short form, but for mass prining of forms, and for big size forms,it affects.

For getting standard text, its always better to use the functionality of smartform that is text module...

Cheers.....

brij.