cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Netweaver Developer Studio --> Deployment Error? Please help!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello there,

I had just created a very very simple application on NWDS. When i tried the option 'deploy new Archive and Run'

It gave me this error saying:

-

Aug 16, 2008 4:00:25 PM /userOut/deploy (com.sap.ide.eclipse.sdm.threading.DeployThreadManager) [Thread[Deploy Thread,5,main]] ERROR:

[004]Deployment aborted

Deployment exception : Cannot determine sdm host (is empty). Please configure your engine/sdm correctly !

-

I was afraid maybe the SDM was not running. So, i went into the usr folder and clicked on 'RemoteGui.bat' Then it started the SDM.

But, again when I tried to -deploy new Archive and Run-, it gave me back the same error above in NWDS.

Can somebody please help me with this? or How do i configure my SDM to match the requirements of NWDS ?

Thank You

Dino.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

UPDATE: ok. I went to Window >> Preferences>> J2EE engine >> and selected SAP J2EE engine is located on local host..

It worked!

The search function for some reason is not that particularly great on this forum. I typed exact error phrase, and it could not find the right thread. But, for some reason, i tried through GOOGLE with the error phrase and then it leaded to the right thread where few people on this forum had the same issue.

Benny
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

S could you please mark your question answered?

Regards,

Benny