cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic batch Determination:Batch determination is not possible

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Guru's,

I have ticked the automatic batch determination in the item categories.

Defined the records for the batch determiantion: in VCH1.

i have assigned the Batch Determination --> in the Logistics General.

But in the Order Screen : when I go to the batch management ..The system says : The strategy contains no selection specifications".

Where can I set up automatic batch determination at sales order level ?

Anu Solutions GURU's!

Edited by: EXPLORING MULTIDIMENSIONAL SAP on Aug 18, 2008 10:44 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SAP Guru's,

I have defined all the strategies the Class the class type the selection sort rule.

But when I am doing the searching the batch searching in the sales order the system is showing the error mesage:

When I go to the batch menagement screen in the sales order it is saying "Strategy contains no selection specifications"

Message No: "565" " It was not possible to determine a batch"

What should I do sothat the system can automatically determine the batch Number based on FIFO

Please suggest some solutions:

regards,

SAP SD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solved on my own

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

With the following settings, the batches are selected the moment

1: Set up batch determination the way that the batches in batch selection are sorted the right way. e.g. sorted by expiry date

2: Use automatic batch selection in disp view.

A1) Normaly we use batch determination at delivery level, because at the time of order material may or may not be created.for this material should be configured with batch and batch determination should be checked in sales views of material.

A2) Batch Determination during order Creation.

For this you need to maintain a Classes d for you Material. Depending on the Manufacturing process you can define the characteristics for your material.

You need to create a class (You might have to create a new class type) which incorporates the characteristic.

First Create the Characteristic Using Ct04 and then using Cl02 create the Class including this characteristic.

Then in your material master Classification View Enter this class.

Then Create a Batch for the particular plant and Stor Loc using MSC1N.Give the value of the characteristics in this batch.

Then go to SPRO ->Logistics General ->Batch Management and maintain the Condition Technique (Procedure, Strategy Types and assignment to sales docs etc).

Then Create the Batch Determination Record using VCH1.

Please try and come back.

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amlan,

May I know how you solve the problem? I am facing the similar problem.

Please feel free to advice.

Best regards

TH