cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Source Hierarchy Struture Changing -XML Import

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are trying to get data into MDM Customer repository and via XML.

We are using XML schema.

The problem is, for some xml files, even if E1KNB1M segment is under E1KNA1M segment , I cannot see it seperately in Source Hierarchy .

Normally we find E1KNB1M under E1KNA1M and also as a seperate "table " .

And we right click on E1KNB1M and Look up and add all. Map the newly added fields to destination fields and save the map.

Now for certain other data because the E1KNB1M fields are not falling under E1KNB1M and are listed out under E1KNA1M , our import map cannot find the fields where they should be, so it fails.

We have validated both the xml files against the schema, it's fine.

So did any one of you faces these kinda problems with XML Schema/XML file import.

If so what is the work around or places to check for glitches.

Why are the segments jumbled up in Import manager even when Structure on XML file side is intact and keeping in mind we are using Schema too.

Any Leads on this seemingly random issue will be highly appreciated.

BTW we are on

MDM-AIX

DB2-Z/OS

Thanks,

Sudhir

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhir,

We are trying to get data into MDM Customer repository and via XML.

We are using XML schema.

The problem is, for some xml files, even if E1KNB1M segment is under E1KNA1M segment , I cannot see it seperately in Source Hierarchy .

Normally we find E1KNB1M under E1KNA1M and also as a seperate "table " .

And we right click on E1KNB1M and Look up and add all. Map the newly added fields to destination fields and save the map.

Now for certain other data because the E1KNB1M fields are not falling under E1KNB1M and are listed out under E1KNA1M , our import map cannot find the fields where they should be, so it fails.

We have validated both the xml files against the schema, it's fine.

So did any one of you faces these kinda problems with XML Schema/XML file import.

If so what is the work around or places to check for glitches.

Why are the segments jumbled up in Import manager even when Structure on XML file side is intact and keeping in mind we are using Schema too.

I have never faced this problem myself. However, a middleware such as XI which might be generating the source XML file may be responsible for it. This is not a problem in MDM, i feel and you should get the correct and standard file everytime from them.

What you could do is, manually open both the XML files in notepad and then study it and try to find out if there is any dissilimilarity in both of them.

You should also check whether both the Source file are falling into the mentioned XSD. And if yes, then this problem should be solved in XI as you are right in saying that it will be very difficult to manage it in an Import Map.

Once your files start coming in a proper standard, then it be managed in MDM as then the segments could be Joined and the Fields inside the segments could then Looked up in the Main segment, so that you get the entire list of source fields in One Table/Segment.

You can then map it with the repository fields and save it in a single Map.

Hope it helps.

Thanks and Regards

Nitin Jain

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is the one time initial population for MDM so we are by passing XI.

We did validate both the XML files against the XSD, Success

Point to note here is the XSD is the default Business Content given by SAP for Customer repository.

On ECC Side the XML is generated through Std T Codes.

So I wonder Why we are facing this problem when the whole world is cool wid it.

-Sudhir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhir,

As you are using the standard XSD given along wih the business contentin MDM for customer.Why dont you try creating the XML source file using Xi as the middle ware instaed of using std T codes for the same.

Extarct the ECC Data records and get it converted into XML using Xi and then try importing using the std XML shema as against the XML source file given by XI.

I do understand you wnat to bypass XI as this is an initial load but it could be that your problem gets resoved using Xi to generate the xml.

Hope It Helped,

Thanks & Regards

Simona Pinto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey folks,

the whole Issue got resolved when we changed all the max occurs values from 99999999/9999 to unbounded .

Thanks for all you inputs, will award points!

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Done

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhir,

Please go through the below link in which we have discussed the issue you are facing i.e. node is not visible. It may help you to some extent.

https://forums.sdn.sap.com/click.jspa?searchID=15299724&messageID=5570543

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja