cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backend PO number does not update SRM follow-on doc section

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

We are on SRM5.0 and ECC6.0 with Classic scenario.

We are developing a logic in BADI BBP_CREATE_BE_PO_NEW (method FILL_PO_INTERFACE1) to determine if a Goods Receipt is required for some business conditions. Below is the logic.

1.If GR is required then create a PO with External number range in backend. This is working fine.

2.If GR is not required then create a PO with internal number range in backend. PO_NUMBER field will be cleared in the BADI so that backend system creates a PO with internal number range. This is working fine.

But the problem in the point 2 above is, internal PO# is not reflecting in the follow-on doc section in SRM. I noticed that SRM allots a PO# in table BBP_PDBEI with backend external number range before it transfers the data to backend. We tried to delete the PO# in BBP_PDBEI-BE_OBJECT_ID in the same BADI so that backend system can updates this field BE_OBJECT_ID in SRM with internal number PO. We did not succeed in doing this.The SC status shows Approved but do not show the PO#.

Can any one tell me how to populate the backend internal number PO in the Follow-on doc? Is this the right way of doing or is there any better way? Did any one developed such logic?

Please share your thoughts and experience.

Thanks in advance..

Jagdish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

denis_skuridin
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Profis,

we're facing the same problem as described in p.2: if Backend-PO is created with internal number range, then BBP_PDBEI is not updated with the correct document number.

How could we solve this?

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jagdish,

Not sure if your approach is what system interprets. I feel, system makes an entry in BBP_PDBEI table in SRM before transfer of PO, so that BBP_GET_STATUS_2 program can display that PO# once update happens in backend.

I think you have tried to clear the entry in BBP_PDBEI and expected system to update when PO created in backend. This might not have worked.

Can you try to update the BBP_PDBEI table with backend PO# somehow. Say, using BADI in backend? At PO creation time in backend, the internal number would be determined and the same need to be fetched and via RFC call, update in BBP_PDBEI.

Just a try!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

I noticed that SAP takes the number sequence from number range PO and updates BBP_PDBEI field before sending the Purchase order to ECC. If the different number range is defined in IMG "Define num range per Backend system for Follow-on docs" then system takes that num range. Then BBP_GET_STATUS_2 checks the PO# and updates SRM if the PO# matches otherwise it wont update.

But in our case we defined num range 44 for POs with Goods receipt and would like to assign another number range 22 for POs with NO GR. We can assign different PO doc type (ZEC) for NO GR by using BADI BBP_CREATE_BE_PO_NEW. But how to assign num range 22 for ZEC dynamically in BADI. System is trying to take num range 44 by default.

Is there any way we can assign different number range in SRM BADI?

Thanks,

Jagadish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any clues or suggestions please?

siowfong_chen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi! We are also trying to do something similar next week for a client. Unfortunately, our technical developer is not in this week. I will update you if I do have more information relating to this (if you can wait). On the other hand, would appreciate if you can post your solution if you manage to resolve this.

Cheers!

SF