cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot connect server using SAP GUI 7.10 on Vista

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I getting a connection error to server when I try to connect through the SAP GUI 7.10 from my PC running on MS Vista. The same gui I have it installed on my laptop which runs on a XP Home works fine. No problem connecting to the server whatsoever. I tried disabling the firewall on the Vista machine thinking that might help, which it didn't. Is there anything special I can do to fix this problem on the Vista machine?

Your help would be much appreciated.

Vista sucks man!!!

- Tariq

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you able to ping this sap server, and telnet 3299 port? Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can ping to the server with the required ip address. But was told to use port 3200. Will port 3299 work for Vista Home Edition? Have you been able to connect to the SAP from Vista Home Edition?

Thanks

Tariq

Former Member
0 Kudos

You not say before about HOME vista, home not supported, you can't use it.

About port, SAP use 3200 -- 3299 ports, you can check 3200 to.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sergo,

Thanks for the info about Vista. I also found out from a SAP article earlier that Vista Businees edition is the only one that would work. Wondering why this Vista Home would not work and the Vista Business would work? Also, if anyone would know of any workaround that would enable us to use Vista Home to do such SAP connections? Vista Home is a default O/S nowadays for any PCs. That's put us all into lot of grief for many things including this kind of problem working with SAP.

Thanks once again!

- Tariq

Former Member
0 Kudos

i'm think the HOME contains limited function, and it created for local PC, not for enterprise version, SAP is product for Enterprise, and all products are tested for required OS versions ) I'm think you can upgrade HOME to other version, try to google it (i'm not have experiance in it) .

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sergo,

Thanks for your suggestion. I'll look around in the web about this Vista Home upgrade matter.

- Tariq

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi tariq

then it is possible to have sap gui 7.10 on a machine that works with Windows Vista Home Basic or premium?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was finally able atleast connect to a remote SAP server from the the SAP Logon GUI 7.10 running on a PC with just Vista Home. I had run some patches from this site - ftp://ftp.sap.com/pub/sapgui/win/710/patches/

I can connect to the server and login and run transaction codes. But still have some problem probably with the MS IE 7.0. As I try to open Integration Builder (for SAP XI) which opens on a browser is failing now. I found some forum blogs about this. it says something about the IE 7 browser. Need to look into those.

Answers (0)