cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

planned delivery time

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

where to set planned delivery time for automatic purchase order scheduling of third-party items

1. from material master

2. for fixed source of supply

(1) from the purchasing info record

(2) from the assigned contract is taken into consideration for purchase order scheduling

what does fixed source of supply mean? what is the preference for those planned delivery time ?

I think During the creation of the purchase requisition, the system automatically determines a vendor for

each purchase requisition item. so I think this type of vendor is not fixed, am I right?

Many thanks,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I believe the preference of planned delivery time will be given from Vendor material info record.

Fixed source of supply comes in automatic vendor selection. You need to create Source List/Information Record for all

Material/Vendor combination, Just check box the "Fixed source of supply" for the preferred Vendor in your Source List.

Prase

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friend,

You can do this through Schedule line category config setting in SD. Herein you need to specify

1) The Purchase Requistion (PR) document type.

2) Also you need to specify the relevant "Account assignment category"

3) Mention the item category type (Normally it is 5-Third party item)

The above settings will enable a PR to be triggered in background when a sales order is created and saved. PO will have to be created by referencing the PR and it will not be able to create P.O. automatically in standard third-party order process in SAP.

the steps are

Step 1:

VOV6: In the schedule line cat. (standard is CB), you can set the PR order type, PR item cat, and PR account assignment cat.

Step 2:

VOV7: In the corresponding item cat., you need to turn on the "Create PO Automatic." checkbox.

Step 3:

BD86: Configuration & Data consistency checks. This transaction help you to check if you have any setting / data missing for the system to create PO automatically.

You need to set the default PO order type under your Sales Org. in IMG.

Also, you need to have a purchase info record, so the system can set the vendor and purchasing price in the PR and PO automatically.

regards,

SAP SD