Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restricting Access to specific Business Partners

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need to restrict access to a few BPs so only a few employees have the option to edit our "major accounts". Is the best way to restrict by Authorization group\B_BUPA_GRP? Also where do I go to define Authorization Groups and if I do this can I just group our "major accounts" or will I have to define a group for all of our BPs.

Thank You,

Alex

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes you should use B_BUPA_GRP. I would just define a group as "major accounts" and one as "minor accounts". You then need to populate all of the BP master records - there is a authorization group field under the "control" tab.

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes you should use B_BUPA_GRP. I would just define a group as "major accounts" and one as "minor accounts". You then need to populate all of the BP master records - there is a authorization group field under the "control" tab.

0 Kudos

Thansk JC,

Do you happen to know what transaction I need to go to to create Authorization groups for this? Can't seem to find out where to go to intially create these groups.

Thanks A Lot,

Alex

0 Kudos

This is in the IMG - tcode SPRO - Cross Application Components \ SAP Business Partner \ Business Parnter \ basic settings \ authorization mgmt \ maintain auth groups.

0 Kudos

Questioned Answered. Thanks JC!

Alex

Edited by: Alex Williams on Aug 18, 2008 2:17 PM

0 Kudos

Hi there,

Is Business Partner = Trading Partner?