cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

duplicate PO in sales order?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

Requirement is to get a duplicate PO warning message in sales order when the SO is created in 2 different distribution channels, we are using same sales org./div but different dist. Channel.

Currently we have a setting in place to give warning message when duplicate PO is created in same dist. Channel.which is working fine.I don't know how I can accomplish the above reqmnt. Appreciate if you could please advice how I can deal with the above request.

Thanks in advance.

MIke

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I want a warning message in the sales order if the same PO is being used which was used for other dist. channell, same message as we get for same sales area.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't know if i have understood your query correctly.

You have this PO field in the Sales Order Header, and there should be some coding already in your system, in standard MV45AFZZ exit to check if the customer PO Number is already referenced in some earlier order by comparing with the Distribution Channel.

A simple coding can be done here which will check if the PO number has been referred earlier, then produce a warning message, indicating the order number and the sales area.

The values can be picked from VBAK/VBAP.

You can also have a Z Table created where the sales order number and the PO number get posted to, upon saving the sales order..

Later on everytime you create an order, the system can always validate this Z table to check if the PO number exists in coordination with some sales order or not. If the system finds that the PO number has been used already, a warning message can be brought in.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

u mean to say that u wanna restrict the sales area by p.o.

correct me if i am wrong