cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

automatic conversion of planned orders into production orders

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I know that the PPDS planned orders can be converted into Production order once the conversion indicator is set.

I guess the heuristic run generates planned orders and these are converted into production orders when the planner checks the conversion indicator.

Is it possible to generate production orders directly in a heuristic run?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is not possible to create production order directly from Heuristic run.

Since APO is a planning system and the execution is not at all possible. For execution of planning result(Convert PR to PO and Planned order to Process order/Production order), you should rely on R/3 or any other ERP System.

Even after setting the converting the indicator, if you have not ciffed the planned order it will remain as Planned order (Confirmed) in APO. Once the confirmed planned order CIFed to R/3 only then it conveted to process order/production order.

Regards,

Antonyraj

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member197994
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Visu,

Maybe you can use //RRP7 (program /SAPAPO/RRP_ORDER_CONVERSION) to do the mass conversion.

It can also be scheduled as a job next to your heuristic run.

BR,

Tiemin

Former Member
0 Kudos

APO always supports only Planning but not the execution. Execution is done in R/3. As of my knowledge Production orders are created only in R/3 but not in APO. Even if you set Conversion indicatior in APO, the manufacturing orders are created only in R/3(planned orders are immediately transfered to R/3).