cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot see list of Product Categories in Shopping Cart entry screen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I would appreciate it if someone could help me with this issue.

Although I appear to have sucessfully replicated the backend R3 Mat Groups into SRM Product Categories, as I can see them in the hierachy screen, i.e. Hierachy ID R3MATCLASS in trans code COMM_HIERARCHY, they are not appearing in my Shopping Cart entry screen Product Categories drop down.

I have looked in Org structure maintanance and can see two things that may be the root causes:

(a) In 'Exended Attributes', if I select the Source System, I do not get the option to list the product categories in the match code box

(b). In the 'check' screem, the system is displaying the message 'Attribute ITS_DEST not yet defined'

Any feedback on how I can pull in the groups during cart entry would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Steve

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kathirvel,

I am not sure if this workaround is correct, but rather than using trans code BDLS as you suggested, I defined the logical system 'ABC' . This logical system was the assigned as a target system in 'Assignment of Logical Systems' under the product category customisation (table COMV_LOGSYS_MAP)

These changes subsequently allowed the drop down on the Org structure when selecting a Product Category in extended attributes, therefore making the list available in the web front end.

The IMG help text for COMV_LOGSYS_MAP says:

Case 1

You have created the categories in your test system. They therefore have the logical system <SYSTEM_TEST>. So that the categories can also be changed once they have been transported into the production system, the categories must have the logical system <SYSTEM_PROD> in the target system.

Maintain the following entry:

Source <SYSTEM_TEST>

Target <SYSTEM_PROD>

The logical system of the categories will be changed from <SYSTEM_TEST> to <SYSTEM_PROD>.

This appears to have resolved the issue. I would be interested to hear what you think,

Many thanks , Steve,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Steve,

This is also a definite workaround, as I ponited out earlier that problem was due to logical systems.

We always prefer a proper naming for logical system and RFC destination like <SIR><CLNT NUMBER>.

I would rather prefer ABCCLNT300 than ABC, because apart from me everyone using the system will have picture of where ABCCLNT300 points (System ABC and Client 300) than ABC (by naming std) . Hence useful and clear to everyone using the system.

Glad that your problem is sorted!

Regards

Kathirvel

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thank you for your responses. I have had a look at your suggestions and may have found the root cause.

In COM_CAT_HIER (trans SE11, search help), when I populate the values, the system is displaying the incorrect Logical system name by showing three chars for field LOGSYS, e.g. ABC only, when in fact, the Logical system name is defined as ABCLNT010 in spro config. This incorrect entry is also visible in table COMM_PRCAT.

I would appreciate it if someone could suggest where this incorrect value is being pulled in from (I have even checked my SU01 user parametres).

Many thanks,

Steve

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use BDLS transactions and correct the logical system names appropiately.

Hope this solves your problem.

Regards

Kathirvel

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

test with this function module

BBP_READ_ATTRIBUTES

you can check whether your user has any pecific product category in the out put.

regards

Muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Thank you for getting back to me.

I have checked the config you had suggested and this is already maintained, i.e. I can see entries in COMM_CATEGORY (including the Logical Name) for all my R3 Mat Groups and in 'Assign Logical Systems to Product Categories', I have maintained an entry for my Source System (R3 logical name) and Target system (SRM Logical name).

When I stil go into the Org structure and try to either maintain the Extended Attribute Product Category or Attribute PM Mat Group, the match code does not list any Product Groups, in the same way as it does not display any when creating Shopping Carts.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

Steve,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could you please check these activities and revert with results?

1. Please check whether the search help COM_CAT_HIER is working (Transaction SE11).

2. Please test whether the function module COM_PRODUCT_CATEGORY_GETLIST displays the results (Transaction SE37). Please check the LOGSYS in the results, does it correspond to the backend system.

Thanks

Kathirvel

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

One more check .

In comm_hierarhy

go to one of your category

under this

product/ Object assignment possible. - this must be flaged.

regards

Muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check whether you have completed the below config:

SAP Implementation Guide-> Supplier Relationship Management -> 
SRM Server -> Define Backend System for Product Category

Then try to assign the categories in the "Extended Attributes".

ITS_DEST has no influence for Product categories. But you can maintain it with value as

http://<HOST NAME>:<PORT>/sap/bc/gui/sap/its/

Regards

Kathirvel

Edited by: Kathirvel Balakrishnan on Aug 15, 2008 4:18 PM

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi BD54 transaction code help you to find the source system ( like back end log ical system or EBP logical sytem).

plz check your product categories are available in the table

comm_category.

regards

Muthu

Edited by: muthuraman on Aug 15, 2008 5:45 PM