cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backorder Reports V.15 and V_RA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi !

Can someone explain to me how exactly these reports works. These reports show orders that are fully confirmed. I was hoping these reports will only show orders that the fully or partially unconfirmed (which is my client's definition of a Backorder)

What is SAP's definition of a Backorder (in the context of these reports).

I am not liking these reports and I am inclined to develop custom Backorder reports for my client... though I would like to avoid that if possible.

Input from anyone experienced in these reports is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Anisha.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Anisha

Please check the link

[Backorder Processing |http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/f4/7d32c844af11d182b40000e829fbfe/frameset.htm]

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anisha,

See, basically back order means following:

Your customer had placed an order for 100 qty, out of which you could confirm only 30 & deliver the same. At this point of time a sales order will deliver only confirmed qty that is 30 & rest will be on backorder (that qty deliverable after some days after availibility check & confirmation).

Later when stocks arrive you can either run availibility check thru sales order or by using the reports you mentioned.

These are not only reports, but also used as transaction. see when you run V_RA you can see material wise the backorder quantities, wherein you can manually change the confirmation.

Other use of these transaction is that, suppose you have created two orders in sequence but the second one has to be delivered first. But due to availibility check you entire stock is in fiest sales order. Using these reports you can also release stock from first order & confirm it for second & deliver it.

Customised reports is a good options but its always better to use standard SAP functionality.

Hope this is very much helpful to you.

Regards,

Dhananjay