SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integration of UTIL_IC_LEAN and UTIL_IC profiles with ISU

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can any one please let me know the advantages / disadvantages of using UTIL_IC_LEAN and UTIL_IC Navigation Bar profiles in CRM2007 Webclient screen?

We are currently evaluating pros and cons of both these profiles in integrating Webclient with ISU on ECC 6.0. Any information on using these profiles in ISU / CRM is highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Ram

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is difficult to say which is better over other without knowing your business requirement.

We have used UTIL_IC_LEAN, but at the end of the day all you do is customize it and customize it further

If you are in the very bigining stage I would suggest to create two roles and have these profiles assigned and see.

- ASB

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is difficult to say which is better over other without knowing your business requirement.

We have used UTIL_IC_LEAN, but at the end of the day all you do is customize it and customize it further

If you are in the very bigining stage I would suggest to create two roles and have these profiles assigned and see.

- ASB

0 Kudos

Hi ASB,

Thanks a lot for reply.

Yes, we are in the very beginning of the project. I did create both the profiles and we are currently evaluating both the options. Can you please let me know what features were you able to use with the LEAN profile. Also, I wanted to know what objects you need to replicate for the LEAN profile. I know, for sure that BPs have to be replicated. Specifically I am interested to know if we need to replicate Connection Objects and Contracts Acounts (as Business Agreements in CRM) ? I'm currently encountering some errors on displaying Technical objects on WebClient screen. They seem to be around Connection Object and PoD (which are not using PoDs though!)

Our business requirement is to maintain minimal data in CRM. We might not make changes to Technical master data (CO, Prem, Device) from CRM. We might be better of with display of ISU Technical master data in WebClient. I greatly appreciate any further inputs on the same.

Ram

0 Kudos

Ram,

Most important factor here is the market your client is operating. This would help to decide the replication objects.

We are implementing for a client who is in regulated market. Some points I would like to mention here

- In this case if we only replicate BP and CA would be enough (BP and CA are minimum you need to replicate).

- Since we are using ECC 6 and CRM web IC, we simply call conn obj, premise, etc transactions from ISU directly into CRM web IC.

- You could also have you BP search functionality work on technical master data objects that are in ISU just by simple configuration.

- Apart from these in regulated market there is hardly any marketing/sales functionality that client would want to implement which again reduces the probability of replication technical master data objects.

- We also did not replicate ISU contacts into CRM (we could have I guess)

- we are not replicating ISU contract (elec, gas).

In my previous project we have implemented ECC 5 and CRM 5 - win CIC.

- We replicated BP and CA

- replicated Premise, PoD, Conn Object

- replicated contract

- replicated contact.

However if you are in de-regulated market, and using Web IC (CRM 2007). It really requires lot of design considerations based on the business. Like I said you may not have to replicate any Technical master data object unless you require it for some marketing/sales functionality.The reaons is in Web IC you are going to use Park document object for move-in/move-out (where your technical data matters most), which directly created park document in ISU so you dont need to have technical master data in CRM (which was not the case in earlier versions) But yes, you definitely need to replicate BP and CA at the minimum. And further Contact and contract are at your optional but to replicate contract you need to replicate technical master data objects.

I am not very sure but I think you could probably have only BP and CA replication and still implement in de-regulated market. But for all technical master data relevant data you simply can call ISU transaction within CRM web IC... but again I am not sure how it is going effect in terms of performance post go-live as I have not seen live system with CRM web IC and ISU (although there are couple running around the globe).

Hope this will help in someway.

-ASB

0 Kudos

Hi ASB,

We are also working in a regulated market distributing gas and water. Hence we could probably replicate only BP master data and CA into CRM. We might only need a display functionality for the Technical master data in WebClient screen, so we might not replicate the technical master into CRM. There is some amount of marketing and sales business processes, but compared to deregulated market, they are very minimal.

Thanks a lot again for your extremely detailed response.

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ASB,

In your first case (regulated market) which role has been used UTIL_IC or UTIL_IC_LEAN??

Thanks.

Sadi

0 Kudos

Hi,

we have used UTIL_IC_LEAN for regulated market.

-ASB