cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Background Processing? how schedule job for "System Error" Message .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

in sap help i have read.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/5a/f72040599a8f5ce10000000a155106/frameset.htm

PCK> Monitoring>Message Monitoring-->Background Processing

you can schedule jobs for various background processing:

● Archiving of messages processed successfully

● Deletion of messages that are not to be archived

● Restarting of messages with errors

● Rescheduling of lost messages

can anyone understand this docu?

give me some introduction, how can i define and schedule these jobs ?

thx in advance!!

best regards

Yaning

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

There are guides available for this on SDN

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/402fae48-0601-0010-3088-85c46a23... for archiving messages

Restart messages with error etc

Thanx

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Background Processing

Prerequisites

You have started the message monitor on the initial screen of the PCK and are in Background Processing.

Features

Archiving

You require two archiving sessions to archive messages:

● One session to write the messages to the archive

● One session to delete the persisted messages that have been archived

To do this, you schedule an archiving job, which implicitly schedules the sessions to write to the archive and delete the archived messages.

You can define one or more rules for each archiving job; these rules contain conditions that a message must meet in order to be archived by the job. At least one of the defined rules must be met for archiving to take place.

All information that is displayed for a message in message monitoring is archived, in addition to the audit log for each message.

Deleting

A standard delete job is created automatically. It runs once a day. You can schedule additional delete jobs; however, you cannot define rules for them.

Restarting

Instead of restarting messages with errors manually with message monitoring, you can schedule a job to automatically restart these messages. This is possible for all messages for which the number of defined restart attempts has been exceeded (messages with the system error status).

You can define one or more rules for each job to restart messages; these rules contain conditions that a message must meet in order to be restarted by the job. At least one of the defined rules must be met for archiving to take place.

Rescheduling

A standard job to reschedule messages is created automatically. The job runs once a day and ensures that messages lost as a result of database failure, for example, are rescheduled. You can schedule additional rescheduling jobs; however, you cannot define rules for them.

Thx Aamir.

But I mean the messages with errors in Adapter Engine , not in Intergrations Engine.

the situation is like Naveen Pandrangi's WebLog

II. Errors in Adapter Engine [|]

I

Till now we have seen how to resubmit/restart message that failed in Integration Engine. One a message makes it from Integration Engine to Adapter Engine, the message is flagged as checked in Integration Engine. The status of the message in Adapter engine does not effect the processed state in Integration Engine. Now if this message was asynchronous, XI will by default try to restart the message 3 times at intervals of 5 minutes before the status of the message is changed from Waiting to System Error .

*how can i schedule a job to automatically restart these messages with errors?

best regards

Yaning

Edited by: Yaning Liu on Aug 18, 2008 1:43 PM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

My scenario:

SAP R/3 -> XI -> J2EE JDBC Adapter -> IBM DB2 .

In databank the table is locked from other transactions. jdbc adapter must wait.

in Integration engine

the messages are successfully processed in Integration engine, which can be viewd using transaction SXMB_MONI.

But in Adapter Engine XI will by automatic try to restart the message 3 times at intervals of 5 minutes before the status of the message is changed from Waiting to System Error .

then within the Runtime Workbench Message Monitoring i can select the messages in the Adapter Engine which have an error state and resend manual them.

how can i resend the failed messages automatic with one job?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check this Blog , in this Author explained clear on how to Restart the Errors those occurs on AE as well as on IE Automatically using Standard Programs

REgards

Seshagiri

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello Seshagiri,

thanks for your answer.

this blog i have read, but the author didn't solve my problem.

Best regards

yaning

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check Part II. Errors in Adapter Engine in the Blog for the same

he said that the solution for this is to increase the IS_Retry

Regards

Seshagiri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Seshagiri,

the Part II i have tried.

increase the IS_Retry, okay, I have the Retry-Times to 30 increased. But after 30 times the status of the message is changed to System Error .

after that i want to catch the failed messages, schedule one job to reprocess.

I have read in sap help docu.

Restarting

Instead of restarting messages with errors manually with message monitoring, you can schedule a job to automatically restart these messages. This is possible for all messages for which the number of defined restart attempts has been exceeded (messages with the system error status).

but i don't konw, how can i schedule the job.

do you have some suggestions?

Regards

Yaning