Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM 1.0 to MDM 2.0 Upgrade Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

MAX POINTS WILL BE AWARDED FOR A SOLUTION

Hi All,

We are trying to upgrade from MDM 1.0 to 2.0.

Only difference I find in OCI Mapping is mapping of EXT_PRODUCT_ID.

In 1.0 its mapped to Internal MDM ID that cannot be changed.

In 2.0 its NOT mapped and I cannot find Internal MDM ID to map it too.

The issue that results due to above difference is items added from held cart throw an error "Item in template contains error, only correct items will be transffered"

All help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Nikhil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

hope I got your problem right. I see two solutions:

1. If you do not need the EXT_PRODUCT_ID, leave it unmapped.

2. Otherwise is Internal MDM ID a field in MDM, or do you refer to any ID? In SRM-MDM 2.0 the MDM ID is Catalog Item ID, or use the Product ID.

Hope that helps

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Christian,

Appreciate your quick response.

I have tried all the 3 options

1. EXT_PRODUCT_ID, leave it unmapped....guessing it defaults to Internal MDM ID a field in MDM.

2. Mapped EXT_PRODUCT_ID to Catalog Item ID

3. Mapped EXT_PRODUCT_ID to Product ID.

In all three cases I still get same error when I created Shopping carts from Held Shopping Carts.

Items in template contain errors, only correct items are transferred

FYI we had similar issue in MDM 1.0 recently and we were told that EXT_PRODUCT_ID had to be mapped to Internal MDM ID.

I am not sure if with the upgrade they have special instruction to handle EXT_PRODUCT_ID.

Also can you tell me what you map EXT_PRODUCT_ID in MDM 2.0 and if you can place a SC on hold and later create a new one from the held cart?

FYI I can create SC from catalog ....just cannot create it from held cart.

Thanks,

Nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

But if you get the same error for all options, then I assume that the problem lies somewhere else. Did you check whether all products are complete in terms of OCI fields? Maybe some information is missing. Are some items transferred to SRM?. In my last implementation I also figured out, that SRM-MDM is very sensitive to changes in the default repository. Did you change anything there?

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

None of the items are transferred from Held Cart.

When I use HTTP Watch to debug...here is what i found

1. While creating a new cart from Catalog, EXT_PRODUCT_ID has a unique value eg 3629...but that value is not present in MDM or is hidden. Cart is then held.

2. When i create SC from above held cart, I do see a session variable called PRODUCTID with same value 3629 but then shopping cart gives error "Items in template contain errors...."

If its not a problem can you

1. Confirm if you have MDM 2. 0 and can create SC from a held cart.

2. Tell me what is EXT_PRODUCT_ID is OCI mapping is mapped to.

3. In MDM Data Manager what do you see in Item Id columns for various items in MDM 2.0 Catalog

Thanks,

Nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have SRM-MDM 2.0 but only on SP01. I think the latest is SP04 with MDM 5.5.62.52. I have only SRM-MDM here but no SRM. It is only for demo reasons, but derives from a productive installation with a client. It definitely works (1).

The field EXT_PRODUCT_ID is not mapped at all (2). I think you need it, when your suppliers use other product ids than you do internally.

We use NEW_ITEM-MATNR, which is mapped to Product Id from the MDM repository. If you do not have 3629 in any field in MDM Data Manager, then it might be the internal MDM record id. It cannot be seen in MDM (3).

Did you check page 30ff of the reference guide? Maybe that can help you further.

Please also check this blog, esp. part 7 for trouble shooting:

[https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/7780] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

Christian

Edited by: Christian Heuer on Aug 15, 2008 4:48 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

Thanks for the info.

We do have MDM 5.5 SP06 5.5.62.58.

We too have NEW_ITEM-MATNR mapped to Product Id from the MDM repository.

3269 looks like an Internal MDM ID...I wish there was a way I could map it like they way we do it MDM 1.0.

Thanks for the link...will look into it.

Again thanks for your time and help.

Feel free to pass comments/suggestion if you have.

Nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you find a solution, please post it. I remember that we also had weird errors. I will be on upgrade for SRM-MDM from next week on. Maybe I'll find something then or stumble upon the same problem.

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian , All

We have Is SAPKIBKS06 highest for SRM_SERVER and latest out there seems to be SAPKIBKS10.

Not sure if there is a note in SAPKIBKS10 that fixes this issue.

Can some one comment on it or tell me what Highest Support Pack they have and if they are facing the issue?

Thanks,

Nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

SAP has a note for this issue and fix ...released 14 August 2008.

Note 1165452 - SRM-MDM Catalog 2.0 SP04 Patch00 Release Note

Note 1233260 - OCI Validate and Display Product Data return wrong data

I will close this question once I complete testing the fix.

Thanks,

Nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

SRM-MDM Catalog 2.0 SP04 (5.5.63.57) seems to have fixed issue with held cart.

It did create some other minor issues that we are working with SAP MDM Support.

Thanks,

Nikhil