cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BEX 7.0 patch subcomponents

Former Member
0 Kudos

If we open query designer it gives a message update frontend patch but already we have SAP gui 610 patch level 9 and BEX 3.5 ..to make BEX 7.0 what things should I install on the frontend computer.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Daniel. I'm think you wnat to say you have GUI 710 + PL9, simply you were sealed up. You can install BI 7.x in your system , for it you need to execute setupBi.exe file from directory where you install your SAPGUI 710 (but before check, may be you allready have it installed if you execute setapall.exe (in compilation 1 for example). To check go to

START --> Programms -- > Bussiness explorer --> Are you see "analyzer" or only 3.5 ? If yes, try to start....

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This runtime error has occured because of BEx patch problem? then what is the reason for this problem.I have BEx 3.5 only i..if I want to make it BEx 7.0 what should I do. what are all subcomponents to be installed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, i'm write above. Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I applied the mentioned patch but still its showing BEx 3.5.Could you please tell me still I am missing what?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Of course you will see same 3.5 ) but error will not come anymore, try to check. If you want to use BI 710 to you nedd to install it, with executing SapBiSetup.exe from installation DVD. Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If I want to open a query from web browser I am getting the message "the page cannot be displayed " .I would appreciate all your help to sort out this issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Daniel. i can't understand , your question are answered or not? It second question? If yes best if you open new thread, about your error try to check the URL, are you see server and port or you see anything like this :

http:/// and other. Regards.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Daniel,

As Martin said install GUI 710 and update it with the latest support patch.

PS: Support for SAP GUI for Windows 6.40 will end on 14th of October 2008. Please make sure to have upgraded to SAP GUI for Windows 7.10 before this date. There is no extended or customer individual support offered for SAP GUI for Windows 6.40.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am getting "Runtime error 440 - Automation error " in BEx query designer ..Is this because of BEx gui patch problem? if its not then what could be a reason for this problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm know this error, you need to install Patch on your frontend 3.5 component ) -->

Download it from :

https://service.sap.com/swdc -->

download --> support packages and patches -->Entry by Application Group --> SAP Frontend Components -->

BI ADDON FOR SAP GUI --> BW 3.5 ADDON FOR SAP GUI 7.10 --> BW 3.5 ADDON FOR SAP GUI 7.10

Win32 --> WIN 32 --> bw350gui710_3-10004473.exe

Regards.

martin_juen2
Contributor
0 Kudos

If you use a BI 7 you have to install SAP Gui 7.10 with the latest patches...

regards,

Martin