cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Temporary Server to original Actual Server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I need few information related to one issue.Due to the tight project schedule,I have to install both Solution Manager & ECC 6.0 on two temporay servers respectively.

As soon as the Actual original servers reach here,I have to copy the existing Customizing,data everything into the new server so that the Functional Consultants don't feel the difference between the two environments & can continue without any disruption.

Please guide me in this situation.What should be my approach to do this seamlessly.Should I use System Copy or Backup all the drives from temporary and put it in Original server or Remote Client Copy from one to another.

Also guide me which are those drives or files to do that.

My platform is Windows Server2003 & MS SQL server 2005.

Thanks a lot,

Sandipan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You really want to run Solman + ERP on one server? If yes, I would

- do a system copy for the ERP system (detach/attach)

- do a system copy using sapinst for SolMan

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

Thanks a lot for your reply,

Solution Manager & ECC 6.0 would be installed on different temporary servers and would be copied to different Actual (Original) Servers,like one for SolMan & one for ECC.

Can you please tell me where I can get relevant documents & is there any chance of data loss during the copy from Temporary to Original Servers.

Is there any risk involved or in other way,on which points I need to be cautious.

Thanks again,

Sandipan

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check

http://service.sap.com/systemcopy

The guides contain detailed step-by-step instructions how to copy an instance.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would opt for Windows BACKUP and RESTORE method as the operating system and database is going to be same.

Just make sure you keep same IP Address for the new machines as that of the temporary machines.

Regards,

Suhas Ajgaonkar