cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SNC - Need more information

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I would like to install a saprouter using SNC. But I have several questions whose answers I haven't found yet:

- Can I install niping / saprouter / sapcrypto.dll on a front-end PC? Would it be supported? Does it have to be a Server-OS or can it also be a Workstation OS like WinXP Prof?

- What kind of encryption does SNC use? What exactly is the method? Diffie-Helman? AES? RSA? How many bit? It is only said to use the "state-of-the-art encryption", but what exactly does that mean? Is there any technical document showing more details than the presentations on sap.com?

Thank you in advance

Michael

PS: Links or direct Notes would be very helpful!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am pretty sure that saprouter is just a simple routing program, controlling network packet routing by either denying or passing the packet. I am not aware of any SNC which can be installed/enabled in saprouter. As for the front-end, yes, depends on what you mean by front-end (SAPGUI, customized app, web browser), there are various ways to install the required SNC bits in the front-end.

More info here:

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_03/helpdata/EN/32/431c3aadda4f25e10000000a11402f/content.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes, of course you can integrate it in saprouter. If you use sapcryptolib and the adequate profile parameters you can connect your saprouter with the SAP saprouter via SNC tunnel

I don't want to encrypt the communication between frontend like SAPgui AND saprouter, but MY saprouter with the SAP saprouter .. and MY saprouter will be in a DMZ on a frontend PC aka workstation PC using XP

Regards

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry about that, I guess I don't have much experience w/ this. saprouter in my space is basically inside of my firewall in a secured network space, so I really haven't been looking into SNC for it. However, we are currently using the encrypto library described above for internal-SAP encryption, works very well. Good luck finding an answer and maybe someone on this forum has a better idea on SNC than me.

Former Member
0 Kudos

No problem .. you could have brought me to other ideas .. Thank you, though