cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Document flow between Order & Invoice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a requirement which I am not sure is feasible or not. Please share your thoughts.

The user will be creating:

1) Service Notification (Tcode IW51)

2) There is an action box on the Service Notification, using which the User will create a Return Order. This return order will be linked to Service notification as:

Service Notification -> Preceding document

Return Order -> Next document

3) While filling the action box in step (2), there is a field for Invoice (against which the Return Order is created). Whichever Invoice is being entered in the field, there should be a docflow as follows (docflow for both header & items):

Invoice -> Preceding document

Return Order -> Next document (each return order item corresponds to an invoice item)

My problem is in step 3. I am using the function module "RV_DOCUMENT_FLOW_ADD" and it:

i) Creates an entry in table VBFA

ii) The doc flow is visible (for both header & items) from the invoice document and is perfectly fine.

But the doc flow is not visible when viewed from the Return Order (VA02/03) and the customer necessarily wants this, coz he wants to know which Invoice is linked to the Return Order.

Please advice on what can be done here to achieve the problem in step3.

Regards

Vicky

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

claudia_neudeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

no action since over two months, I close this thread

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vicky,

I don't know much about PS module..but, what I know is you can't have reference/doc flow showing 2 docs as preceding documents. In your case, you are creating a Return Order w.r.t a service notification and also you want the Return Order to refer to invoice?

Generally, in S&D the flow for returns is:

Sales Order>Delivery>Invoice>Returns Order>Returns Delivery...

and for all these the necessary 'Copy Controls' are maintained in t-codes like VTLA, VTFA etc..where you mark a checkbox 'update document flow' which takes care of updating VBFA, and showing doc flow from any document.

What I presume is you might have to create a Service/Release order w.r.t the notification and then the invoice and then Returns order etc...

I hope I understood your qstn correctly and of some help to you..

Rgds,

Rags.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rags,

Thanks for your reply.

About your reply:

1) Yes, I was also thinking that 2 preceding docs may not be possible in a doc flow, and had also indicated the same to my customer. However, wanted to be 100% sure that it cannot be done.

2) I cannot go ahead with a Service/Release Order. The requirement is to create a Return Order or a Credit Memo Request (CR) directly from the Service Notification and any other order is not in scope.

I was thinking of something as below:

The Service Notification header is linked to Return Order header only, there are no links at the item level. Is it a feasible solution to have a doc flow between invoice items & return order items, since return order items are not yet linked?....I am just thinking of different things to find a solution!

Thanks again.

Cheers

Vicky

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey Vicky,

I really doubt, if such a thing on linking documents at item level is possible/exists...it is just linking 2 docs, irrespective of hearder and item level..

And, CR memo request and later credit memo is possible only if U've already invoiced the customer...I mean you can give a credit note(money-back) to a customer only if U've taken the money/cash from the customer..and it is advisable to create a CR memo w.r.t an invoice only..

I hope this helps, if so--reward suitably, but do wait for other consultants opinion also..

Rgds,

Rags.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes. It is feasiable, as the Price can be captured from Invoice to return sales Order. Ideally a recommended practice.

Regards,

Rajesh Banka