cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please explain detail regarding Accounts Receivable process in SD module.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As we all known, SD has its own std process like Pre sales activities(Inquire, Quation)>Sales(Sales order processing Va01)>Shipping process(Delivery Order-Vl01n..)---->Billing process(VF01 invoice generation..)

But somehow seems Accounts Receivable is also an integral part of SD module. And i found i am not familiar and understand this intergral part AR...

Could you kindly help me to understand it and especially the detail operation process in Std. SAP, like what transaction code should be used...How exactly the AR finished and excuted. And once finished AR, what kind of business result occured...etc...

Please kindly not provide help.sap.com link, i hope could hear your understanding and other material link...

Just assume you are an Presenter and prepare to train some fresh guys on this AR knowledge from SD points of view.

Thank you very much!!!!!

Edited by: Hoo Laa on Aug 15, 2008 3:50 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Hoo Laa,

This link will also be useful:

http://academic.uofs.edu/faculty/gramborw/sap/flowsaccrec.htm

Rgds,

Rags.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rags,

Thanks for the link. I found it also in earlier time.

Thanks your answer.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Hoo Laa,

This might be of some use to you:

The Accounts Receivable process starts with the shipment of the goods to the customer. When this occurs, the shipping department automatically causes SAP to send a bill to the customer by integrating customer master data with the shipment data. This transaction also posts to the Accounts Receivable subsidiary ledger and also to the reconciliation account. The billing to the customer may be on paper or by EDI.

This entry into the accounts receivable system sets up the account for the terms of sale and also starts the clock running for the dunning procedure.

When the customer pays the bill, which may be by check or to a lockbox or by electronic transfer and EDI, the remittance advice applies the cash paid to the open items on the account.

Rgds,

Rags.