cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set focus to the next UI element

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have read a few forums and could not find a solution. I am trying to use tab order in Display control properties to set the tab index. It is not working for me. if I have the fields in alphabetic order then it tabs thru them but cant get the focus after clicking the tab. When the user hits tab the next UI element is highlighted but it needs the mouse click on the UI element so that the data can be added in case of textField.

Any help regarding the same would be appreciated. VC is really powerful but has such small limitations which makes it suck. I am using VC 7.0

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Add UI elements to story board in which you want the order to be...crappy but the only solution for flex2 runtime...

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello there...Thanks for your response. but that was not I was looking for. I found my solution. For the tab index we have to add UI elements in the order in which you want the tab for flex 2 runtime... njoy..no other better solution. if you change the runtime to flash the tab order property does work but the drop- down lists are messed up....thanks for reading..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ritesh,

I am not sure with the tab Uielement in VC but may be this will be helpful. In webdynpro java tab use to have action so i believe here also action property will be there. So just go to that action property and give the proper name for that custom action and save it. Then while passing values from UIelement to the other if you are using different forms then use the Signal out and signal in.

Follow these steps if your tab contains different forms and you are passings values from one form to the other:

Steps to Pass the values:

1.> Go to the form of the first tab.Drag output port and create signal out with proper name.Click the link created in between the signal out and the form and give a proper name(event name). This name you have to mentioned in the button(tab) action property.Go to the form and click the button property.Then in action tab you can mentioned the action as custom action.

2.> Configure the signal out means select the fields which you want to transfer to the other iview.

3.> Then go to the other tab and drill down in that.

4.> create a form and drag input port of it and create a signal in and give the same name as you have mentioned in the signal out.

5.> configure the signal in. And give all the fields which you have mentioned in the signal out.(it is case sensitive, so better give the correct names)

6.> Double click the form and select all the fields which you want to be visible on the form.

7.> just save and deploy the model and you can transfer data between the two tabs.

I think you can try like this.Please check and do reply to me because i am also not confirm about this.

Regards,

Nutan