cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alert catagories

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dears,

I am working with adapters JMS to Idoc. I have a plain message with different message types. You can see the sample message below. If message type is RL30 i need to raise alert if message type is RL50 i need to generate Idoc. How i can call Alert catagory when message type is RL30 ?

#MMDC 0001RL500207301605ABCD

#MMDC 0001RL300207301605ABCD

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As correctly said by aamir. u need to write a UDf and check in UDF for the message type. if the message type is RL30 then rasie an alert and if its not RL30 then generate the IDOC.

also from the UDF u need to call the alert method which will raise the alert for the RL30 message type.

I think u can refer the below weblog.

For raising an alert you need to first configure the alert please follow the below weblog written by Michal Krawczyk

Configuration steps are: go to transaction ALRTCATDEF

1) Define Alert Category

2) Create container elements which are used for holding an error messages.

3) Recipient Determination.

Alert can be triggered in different ways.

1) Triggering by Calling a Function Module Directly.

chirag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for all your valuable participation. Excelent .....

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

You need to write a UDF and within it raise a exception if message type is RL30.

as far as alert category is concerned,you can make any alert category in ALRTCATDEF,and assign that category to your interface in alert configuration in RWB.

Thanx

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aamir Suhail,

Thanks for your quick responce. I am new to XI ...can you please guide me the code ?

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As mentioned in above post you have to go for raising the smart exception...

Also you can Define the Alert Notification for this kind of exception in mapping. so your purpose of getting the Alert for Message Type RL30 will resolve...and in case of RL50 IDOCs will be created..

Please refer below link of the code...to raise exception

Here you need to customize it by add the check condtion of Message Type Value == RL30.

Thanks

swarup