cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

assign document type to sales area

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I created a new document type and know when i assign this document type to sales area < 1000/10/10 >, its giving an error message " define < 1000/10/10 >first as general sales area" .

I defined an sales area with that combination. can anyone help me in solving this?

Thanks,

Challa

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to combine sales organizations, distribution channels and divisions.

The functionality of doing this is in order to restrict certain sales documents being used by certain sales areas.

before assigning sales document to the sale area, go to combine sales organization, distribution channel and division and assign the same sales org, dc and division.

Thanks & Regards

Sukumar

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Step 1.

IMG (SPRO) -> Enterprise Structure -> Assignment -> Sales and Distribution -> Set up sales area.

Step 2.

IMG (SPRO) -> Sales and Distribution -> Sales -> Sales Documents -> Sales Document Header -> Assign Sales Area To Sales Document Types:

a. Combine sales organizations

b. Combine distribution channels

c. Combine divisions

d. Assign sales order types permitted for sales areas

Arthur.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You do not need to make any entries at all if all the sales order types are allowed for each of your sales areas.

If you wish to check allowed sales document types, you must set up common sales areas. This means you must define common sales organizations, common distribution channels and common divisions. If, for example, you have define common divisions, then you must also define common distribution channels and sales organizations.

Regards,

Srilatha.