Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable the 'OUTPUT' Tab in the SRM PO Web Browser for SRM Employee Role

former_member348740
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I would like to Disable 'OUTPUT' Tab in SRM PO (Web browser) for different users who are assigned to SRM Employee Role (who has PO Display Authorization) to restrict PO Print Preview only (not to restrict displaying PO field values in SRM Web Browser). I have to have BBP_PD_PO activity as 'Display' to display field values in SRM PO Web Browser - Under SRM Employee Role.

Let me know the solution for the above requirement.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Regards,

Sudarsan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are 2 ways to hide the tab "OUTPUT".

1.Implement the badi BBP_UI_CONTROL_BADI for object purchase order.

2. Modify the HTML template of the ITS service for the PO screen.

The 2nd method is not recommended as the changes are overwritten in case of an upgrade.

BR,

Disha.

former_member348740
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Disha,

Thank you so much for your information.

I have gone through the given BAdI "BBP_UI_CONTROL_BADI" and I could not see any method related to PO. But I found the following methods:

Field Control in the Contract

Field Control in Bid

Field Control in Bid Invitation/Bid

I would like to raise Error Message when user (SRM Employee Role User) click output tab in the PO (Web Browser) as "You Do Not Have Authorization to View the PO".

Can I use BAdI "BBP_DOC_CHECK_BADI" to get my requirement?

Thank you once again.

Best Regards,

Sudarsan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes you can use the BAdI BBP_DOC_CHECK_BADI to generate the error message whenever the users clicks on the output tab.

You need to create an implementation of this BAdI using the the method BBP_DOC_CHECK.

Add the logic in the BAdI so that whenever the sy-ucomm value is equal to that of clicking output tab , an error message should be raised.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Pradeep

former_member348740
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Disha / All,

I am working on SRM 4.0 and I couldn't find PO related method under BBP_UI_CONTROL_BADI Badi. Can we have any other BADI to control PO User interface like I want to deactivate PO Print Preview tab / push button in webbrowser for user (Employee Role User).

Kindly let me know if you have any idea on the above issue.

Thank You,

Best Regards,

Sudarsan

Former Member
0 Kudos

it is worth exploring on screen varient SHD0

pl read the documentation at SRM IMG>Supplier Relationship Management>SRM Server>Cross-Application Basic Settings>Personalization-->Personalize Display

BR

Dinesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudarshan,

As Dinesh suggested,you can try using SCREEN VARIANTS to modify the screen display/screen elements as required.

As suggested by other members,modifying the ITS templates is not advisable(not recommended although it works best when modifying screen elemnts is required) and UI badi has limitations.

Hope this helps.

BR,

Disha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dinesh/ Disha / All,

I tried to implement Screen Variant to disable PO Print Pevview which is at the Purchase Oredr Header Level. Once we create Screen Variant We need to call this screen variant in BAdI 'BBP_SCREENVARIANT' to implement the newly created Screen Variant. This BAdI cannot be used at Header Level as BBP_SCREENVARIANT is not triggered at Header Level.

Kindly suggest / guide me is there any other procedure to call screen variant (not with the BBP_SCREENVARIANT BAdI) or any other procedure to the solution to my problem.

Thank You,

Best Regards,

Sudarsan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have the same problem with the PO Output tab.

I would like to disable the Output tab for any user without modification.

SCREEN BADI is not working, because with screen BADI you can only influence position fields, here we ve got a TAB /Field on header level.

CHECK BADI: I did not get the message here. How should I block the user to change the output format only by throwing a message within CHECK_BADI?

The only way I see is a modification to disable the whole Tab.

@ Sudarsan:

You can make a modification within Include LBBP_PO_UI_ITSF0A

• Disable output tab at Header Level

If g_prg-data eq gc_outprg.

screen-input = gc_off

endif.

--> switch screen-input to gc_off at any time!

Any other ideas how to disable mail or fax option for users without using a modification?

Thanks

Kind regards

Andreas

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The only clean option is to restrict by autorization object (BBP_PD_PO), but unfortunately that will not hide the tab. If the user does not have the authorization, it is as good as not having it.

The option of changes templates is not that brilliant and is not advisable. I would recomend just block these authorizations and leave the application as it.

Regards

Kathirvel