cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purchasing Group Responsibilities

Former Member
0 Kudos

We're using SRM 4.0 in ECS setup. We currently have a main purchasing org and several purchasing org unit with the org structure. Within the separate org units, each one has one employee assign that will be responsible for purchasing for a particular org unit.

So when a shopping cart is raised based on the org assignment of the user a particular purchasing group will default in the SC and if you hit the drop down you will see additional purchasing group if the org unit was setup in there responsibility tab. This way we can have a primary purchasing group and a backup purchasing group if necessary. This has worked for us in the past.

However we have added some new purchasing group within the org structure and I was under the impression that the way the initial purchasing group defaults in the shopping cart is based on where it falls in the Purchasing group. So if we have purchasing group A listed before Purchasing group B then A will default in the SC with Purcashing Group B as a possible choice if you click on the drop down.

That is working on other purchasing group but we have one where the Purchasing group B is defaulting in the SC even though purchasing group B is listed after Purchasing group A.

How can I get the right purchasing Group to default in the SC?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. I think when there is more than purchasing group found for a purchase, the purchasing group with the lower numbered org unit will default in.

What are the org unit numbers of your purchaisng groups?

In the example that does not work, is B a lower number than A?

Either way, why not switch them round?

Change B to be A and A to be B and move them in the org structure, then A should default.

Regards,

Dave.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In my example where the correct purchasing group is defaulting as desired here is the number sequence.

Purchasing Group A: O 50001763

Purchasing Group B: O 50003012

In the purchasing group that is not defaulting as needed here is the number sequences.

Purchasing Group A: O 50003090

Purchasing Group B: O 50002972

When you say switch them I assume your saying change the name of the Purchasing Group B to A and vice versa. However they already have purchase orders assigned to the different purchasing group and doing that will change the name on the purchase order correct?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try deleting both the P grps from org structure and then add A fresh.

Create a shopping cart with this P grp it should default A.

After this activity add the fresh P grp B.

Logic being the first P grp is defaulted always even if you replace or move the other up in rank.

May be this will work.

Regards

Hussain

siowfong_chen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Alternatively, it may be better to introduce a custom attribute or table and determine the default via a BADI rather than fiddling with the purchasing organisational unit.

Regards

SF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. All I meant was switch them completely.

Do this at a time when no-one is on the system, just in case.

First of all remove the purchasing group assignments from the function tabs of both purchaing groups.

Then Change Org unit 50002972 so that the function is purchasing group A, and it's name is also Purchasing Group A.

Change 50003090 so it's function and name is Purchasing Group B.

Drag and drop the org units, and if you have any users under there drag and drop them too, so that they are in the right positions for A and B.

If this does not work or causes any problems then re-insert in the correct sequence as Hussain suggests.

Regards,

Dave.