cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing xmlns from web service response issue (XSTL mapping)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi XI experts.

I'm having a very strange issue with a pamming program: It all started because the response from a 3rd party web service is coming with a "xmlns=http://....etc" in the document node and this was causing XI not to recognize the message.

After reading most of the forum threads and with the help of other web resources, I was able to write a small XSLT program to remove this. The program seems to work perfectly: I can open the resulting XML document in IE, return it as a response to a test soapUI call, even load it all in "green" in the XI mapping test tool.

But, when I feed the resulting message into the next mapping (XI mapping), only the Message Type node is produced at the other end!!! Not even an error message is issued. The same happens in the mapping test tool. Hoewver, I'm able to display the queues. I'm puzzled.

This is my XSLT mapping, is there anything wrong with it?

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>

<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0" xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform">

<xsl:template match="*">

<xsl:element name="{local-name()}">

<xsl:for-each select="@*">

<xsl:attribute name="{local-name()}">

<xsl:value-of select="."/>

</xsl:attribute>

</xsl:for-each>

<xsl:apply-templates/>

</xsl:element>

</xsl:template>

</xsl:stylesheet>

Thanks in advance.

Carlos

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

There is an XSLT code given in the comments section of the following blog(all the way in the bottom)

It kinda refers to your requirement,please have a look at it and see if it helps.

Thanx

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aamir,

Thanks for your response. I will check it out.

In the last 10 minutes or so I realized that the empty message is being produced because the first child node of the message is optional (0..1) and for some strange reason that source node mapped to it was not being recognized after the XSLT. I confirmed this by mapping this node to a constant. Then I restored the original mapping and now it's working - weird! It looks like something was messed up inside the XI mapping program. I will continue testing however I am now off-site and have no connectivity via SOAPUI until Monday.

Thanks.

Carlos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Excuse my dislexia, I meant "mapping", not "pamming", hahaha....