cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Post Goods Issue error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus

I was trying to post goods issue but i get an error saying'' Posting only possible in periods 2008/12 and 2008/11 in company code 1000 '' . I went to OMSY and tried to change period for Ccode 1000 to 2008/08 but I get a message '' the company code 1000 can no longer be initialized ''. How to solve this error. Please provide solutions in steps

Thanks

DM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Hi DM,

This error is related with the fiscal period. Fiscal year is different the the calendar year. You can find out the fiscal year variant used for the company ocde using transaction code "OBY6". Here you will come accross a field where the fiscal year variant is entered - K4, V3, etc.

I will explain you taking India as an example. In India the calendar year starts with January & ends with December but the fiscal year starts with April & ends in March next year.

So in India if i want to do any material postings in the month of August (starting from April-August is 5th period. So August will be the 5th month in the fiscal year). So the 5th period should be closed using transaction code MMPV. The same thing you can see in the transaction code "OMSY" - here you will see currently which fiscal period is closed.

Also the system allows posting in the current fiscal period & the previous one before that. Example - If 5th period (August) is closed then you can do the postings in the 5th period (August) & 4th period (July).

I hope this clears your doubt regarding the difference between a calender year & the fiscal year.

Solution to your problem:

1. Transaction code "OBY6" - select your company code - go to details - check the fiscal year variant - the description will display the fiscal year range (start month & end month). If you are not able to find out the correct fiscal year, then take the help of the FI consultant.

2. Transaction code "OMSY" - you can check the current closed period. As per your issue the current period shows "2008 12" & hence the system says posting possible in current period & the previous period "2008 11". This shows that the fiscal year periods have been closed upto the last period. Check out for the exact fiscal period used.

3. Are you working on some offshore project. Take for example the US where the fiscal year starts from November & ends in October the next year. So I would suggest you to check accordingly.

If the fiscal periods have been closed for the periods which have not actually come, then it is a critical issue. Because reversing the period closing is a very critical job & as per my knowledge you may have to use SAP notes as well.

4. I have a second solution also for you. In the change mode of the delivery at the line item level, select the first option "processing" (the screen prior to picking). Here in the actual goods issue date enter a date which fits according to your fiscal period currently closed.Press enter & ignore any warning if any. Do the PGI - no error will be displayed.

I hope this clarifies your doubt.

With best regards,

Allabaqsh G. Patil.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to Raja & Patil for the solutions. I checked the fiscal year variant and it is k4 calendar year dependent.Hence the actual problem remains - it seems as Patil said we have to reverse the period closing - How to do this?

For now I tried the second solution of Patil that is entered the Actual GI date as per the current period and it worked.

Thanks

DM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Goto Transaction OBY6, Check the fiscal year variant

Goto Transaction OB29, Slect the Fiscal year variant , Check if the Fiscal year variant is year dependent.

If it is Click on Periods & enter Fiscal year 2008.

If the periods have been maintained then it is fine. Goto OMSY check the Current Period & then open the Period in MMPV.

If the periods are not maintained , then maintain the Periods & then Continue the process using MPPV.

Thanks,

Raja