cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refresh loop SAP Iview into Sharepoint

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo Experts,

We have set up a Sharepoint portal and a SAP portal with a backend system. We are now trying to import Iviews from the SAP portal.

So fare we have sucess with SSO between the portals, and even with small iviews, like the discussionforum. Works perfect!

But now we are trying to import a time registration iview (SAP standard, Web Dynpro for Java) now. But here it wouldnt login automatical. If we trick it by clicking the discussionforum first, then it goes in, but then it goes into a refresher loop. It just goes into loop at the login, trying to get in. And doesnt go further.

We are using SPNego as SSO.

Have any of you ever heard of this? Or have a solution?:)

Please help!

If you need more information, please write and I will answer!

Best Regards

Christian Holst

Spring Consulting

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am having the same issue. I tried connecting Transactional IView and Dynpro IView using PageViewer and IView Webparts. In both cases it goes into an infinite loop (does a continuous refresh of the web part). To isolate the problem from MOSS, I tried creating a blank HTML page and used an IFrame/Frame in the html page, in both case the result was the same (goes into an inifinite loop). Please let me know if you have any success in resolving this issue.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Christian,

We are having the same issue with ESS Record Working Time. We have configured SSL and SSO, but when hosted in Sharepoint it just refreshes continually. If you can shed any light on this issue it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Carl

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Carl,

We got our problem solved. The problem is related to WD and the webpart. On the SAP side it is related to the floor manager. The floor manager controls how java scripts is runned and stopped. If this control is not inclued in the webpart it goes into a loop.

The problem with the webpart is that is uses a Iframe (Not really a problem) to run the iview. The iframe considers itself to be a new page, and therefore keeps reloading like a homepage would do. But if you change the container (iframe) to a DIV tag - then you get a different result. The DIV tag is an element, and is therefore only loaded ones. You could also try to get the javascript in the iframe (We did not have the time for that) that would also work.

So you need to break the Iview webpart down and do some coding.

But it works now:)

Christian Holst

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

I have been able to successfully display the iview using an HTML Object tag. Problem with that tag is it shows a security warning which we dont want (by adding the site to trusted site overcomes the warning but again this is what we dont want). I have also tried dumping the HTML response page of the IView to a Div tag but because of nested forms in the web part MOSS throws an unexpected error when the page is resubmitted.

Can you share more details about how you were able to get it working in the Div tag?

Appreciate your help.

Thanks & Regards,

-Altaf.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian/Altaf Gilani ,

Thanks for your help on getting solution. I was trying to get answer for same problem in many blogs , at last i got some info here.

Could you please give me little more technical brief on what needs to be done from (MOSS embarks & EPA ) step by step.

I really appreciate your time and support.

Thanks

Aravinda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aravinda,

The following paper describes a working solution for this problem. Let me know if you have any questions regarding the solution:

http://download.microsoft.com/download/B/F/2/BF2C3AAD-BC64-496C-B3BC-72ADD9617E2C/iView%20Integratio...

Thanks,

-Altaf.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Altaf,

I read your paper on "SAP iView Integration with Microsoft Office SharePoint 2007", which says how to prevent webpart which tries to run SAP jave based webdynpro application goining in to infinite loop.The paper is explained very well.

I have a question on a scenario, lets say i displayed the SAP ESS overview page which has links to other webdynpro application on this page using your approach, and the ESS overview page is displayed fine without any problem. Now when i click the link on this page which invokes other webdynpro application is opening in a new window with portal look and feel.

I want to open in in same window in which my overview page is opened and without SAP portal look and feel. How to do this.Can you please explain how to solve this issue. Appreciate any kind of help.

Thanks,

pkv