cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netweaver Mobile 7.1 Data Orchestration Engine and 3rd party apps...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Folks,

I have a third party mobile app that just won't go away (pun intended).

I will have a XMAM AND a 3rd Party App on 1 mobile device x's 1000's of devices.

Can I use Netweaver 7.1 DOE to synchronize my devices 3rd party app? I will have to develop new Business Objects of course.

CP

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

stefan_henke
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Christopher,

you can use Netweaver Mobile 7.1 to download and deploy so-called mobile components. These mobile components will be always installed into the NW client container. In principle it is possible to create "client installers" which allows you writing a xml script containing installation commands. But as far as I know these commands are restricted to things like copying, deleting, file modification etc. Instaling a CAB-file for example will not be possible. And I guess this is what you are looking for, right?

In case, you want to deploy 3rd party apps written for Netweaver Mobile 7.1, deployment is definitely possible. You will create your app as mobile components containing business logic, data objects and UI in the designtime. These components you can remotely deploy through the DOE.

I hope this answer is helpfull for you. In case you have more questions, let me know.

Regards,

Stefan

0 Kudos

Hi Christopher,

Installation of a third party app can be triggered by placing the cab file in the startup folder of your

PDA by using the client installer.Once CI places the cab in startup ,a restart of the pda will install

the cab.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Shobhit