Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TABEL - general Question

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need to determine in which group does a table fall -- In this bacground I went to table TDDAT the entry for thesaid table itself is not there..but inthe table DD02T the table is present.

The table is a Z table..

My questions are the following ;

1. Why is it that a table entry missing in TDDAT, but present in DD02T ? the clients are the same ?

2. In SE55 I can view the table ..butwhich feild tells the Auth grp of the table ?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

diwheeler
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi there,

if you have a customised table, it is very possible that the table is not assigned to any auth group. You probably know this - but worth a check. If this is the case, it will be put in, by default, to &NC&. It's not good practice to leave it there - better to assign to a new auth group if you have an appropriate one.

You create and assign auth groups via SE54, instructions in your other posts.

Good luck,

Kind regards,

Dianne

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use transaction SE54 instead of SE55.

Try this: SE54 -> Select radio button "Assign Authriz. Group" ; Click "Display" -> Select checkbox "Table Name" -> Enter -> Table Name = table you want auth group for ; Enter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As far as I know inorder to maintain the custom table in TDDAT you need to generate maintenance on the table in SM31/SM30 whereas DD02T contain all the table entries.

If you are on ECC system tcode SE55 initial screen/ SE11->Utilities->Table maintenance Generator will show you the authorization group.

If you are on older version then use SE54 as said by Ashutosh.

Rakesh

diwheeler
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi there,

if you have a customised table, it is very possible that the table is not assigned to any auth group. You probably know this - but worth a check. If this is the case, it will be put in, by default, to &NC&. It's not good practice to leave it there - better to assign to a new auth group if you have an appropriate one.

You create and assign auth groups via SE54, instructions in your other posts.

Good luck,

Kind regards,

Dianne

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi George,

I am sure that you know the difference between a table and view (and their associated programs and attributes..).

It is not clear to me what you want to ask here when you say "general"?

Perhaps if you give a specific example, then the choice of transaction, table, view, etc can be used to discuss the "general rules".

Personally, I am also sometimes undecided about this topic. And no doubt it is not easy from the perspective of the role concept.

Please do the needfull,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Every body !!