cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CC Importing Rules from 4.0 to 5.2 Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am importing our current ruleset from 4.0 to 5.2. We ran /VIRSA/ZVFAT_L03 to export our rules and then went into Compliance Calibrator 5.2 to import the text file. We are getting the following error.

Error in Table Data ==>VIRSA_CC_FUNCPRM

SQL:=>Insert into VIRSA_CC_FUNCPRM(FUNCTID,ACTIONS,VSYSKEY,AUTHTREE,FROMVAL,TOVAL,SEARCHTYPE,STATUS ) Values(?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?)

Record:=>D VIRSA_CC_FUNCPRM

Has anyone imported their existing ruleset? If so, have you encountered any issues when trying to convert them?

Do you know if we need to modify our input file before we import?

Thanks,

Jes Behrens

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jes,

the conversion sometimes doesn't work 100% correctly.

As you can see from the error, a data set of 9 fields is trying to be written into the database table consisting of 8 fields.

Please check in the file you exported from CC 4.0, which line could cause this error (database fields are tab separated).

Sometime searching for the error can be a little bit tricky, but from my experience it was always some line with an incorrect format.

Regards

Daniela

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reponse, Daniela.

Could you elaborate on your experience importing rules from 4.0 to 5.2:

Did you receive many errors when trying to import and just edited the input file until the errors went away?

How do we determine the correct format of the row to know what to remove?

It appears this import updates many tables. In our case the error referenced a row that started with a D, but yet the row having a problem is a row that starts with an M

I am taking a guess that M rows are comments u2013 donu2019t know for sure. Did you have to delete all rows that start with an M?

This is the second time we've tried upgrading to CC 5.2 and we're still experiencing the same errors as we did a year ago - all related to the importing of rules from 4.0 to 5.2.

The following notes have all been addressed but we are still experiencing issues:

1039039 (CC4.0 to CC5.2 Migration Error)

1086611(Truncating the Character when Downloading the CC4.0 Rules)

1148067 (ABAP dump when executing /VIRSA/ZCC_DOWNLOAD_SAPOBJ)

If anyone else has any insight, please let me know!

Jes Behrens

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jes,

I'd say: "It depends..."

I guess the export errors might differ depending on what CC 4.0 version you're working with. CC 5.2 uses some data that didn't even exist.

To find the lines with errors, I mainly used the trial & error principle (remove parts of the file).

Please don't remove the "M" lines! Those are indicating the head of the tables.

You can see in the error message the "faulty" line is starting with "D" (those are the table contents to be written).

Make sure that all the lines in the upload file are of the format

FUNCTID,ACTIONS,VSYSKEY,AUTHTREE,FROMVAL,TOVAL,SEARCHTYPE,STATUS

If you have database access, you can see that table VIRSA_CC_FUNCPRM consists of these rows.

Regards

Daniela

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniela,

Regarding the M lines, how were you able to determine that they indicate the head of the tables and should not be removed? Do you have documentation? Because we have very little.

Thanks for your help!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jes,

that was just a logic of mine - but it's quite obvious if you look at the database tables using SQL Studio or similar.

To my knowledge there is no documentation on this file, as SAP would probably rather want you to create an OSS on this.

I was just trying to give you help helping yourself.

Plese check all the D-lines for the mentioned table.

Have a nice weekend,

Daniela

Former Member
0 Kudos

I appreciate your feedback Daniela.

We have created an OSS on this but will also take advantage of your advice.

Thanks again!

Also, if anyone else has further information, please let me know.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did perform a CC4.0 to 5.2 upgrade recently (and successfuly !) however I encountered several errors while trying to import the file exported into CC5.2.

As discussed earlier, the best way to proceed is to perform several trials (you can subdivide your file by tables for instance).

Finally I discovered that the files contained several "garbage line" (around 9 !) in table VIRSA_CC_FUNCPRM that I had to remove, and that some fields were truncated and had to be manually changed.

After these changes (and two days of work since this is taking time !) I finally succedding integrating the full file.

Before migrating make sure you can compare the number of lines in tables.

Be patient and use a good text editor (Ultraedit, notepad+...) and please do not use Excel since some leading zero (for activities for instance) might be deleted causing non-working rules !

Good luck.

Jérôme.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the reply, Jérôme. Here is my response:

"As discussed earlier, the best way to proceed is to perform several trials (you can subdivide your file by tables for instance)"

- We have done this. I have subdivided the output file into individual tables and tested them individually. All tables successfully imported except 2: VIRSA_CC_FUNCPRM and VIRSA_CC_MITUSER

"Finally I discovered that the files contained several "garbage line" (around 9 !) in table VIRSA_CC_FUNCPRM that I had to remove, and that some fields were truncated and had to be manually changed."

- We found several garbage lines as well that we did indeed remove. That alone however did not solve the problem. Can you be more specific on the fields that were truncated? What did you do to manually change them? We are trying to adjust manually and are not having success...

Edited by: Jes Behrens on Aug 18, 2008 11:41 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jes,

Here is an example of before:

D	VIRSA_CC_FUNCPRM	BS10	PFCG	LSC	S_USER_VAL/AUTH_FIEL	*	*	AND	1
D	VIRSA_CC_FUNCPRM	BS10	PFCG	LSC	S_USER_VAL/AUTH_VALU	*	*	AND	1
D	VIRSA_CC_FUNCPRM	BS10	PFCG	LSC	S_USER_VAL/OBJECT	*	*	AND	1
D	VIRSA_CC_FUNCPRM	BS10	SM19	LSC	S_ADMI_FCD/S_ADMI_FC	AUDA	AUDA	OR	0
D	VIRSA_CC_FUNCPRM	BS10	SM19	LSC	S_ADMI_FCD/S_ADMI_FC	AUDD	AUDD	OR	0

and after:

D	VIRSA_CC_FUNCPRM	BS10	PFCG	LSC	S_USER_VAL||AUTH_FIELD	*	*	AND	1
D	VIRSA_CC_FUNCPRM	BS10	PFCG	LSC	S_USER_VAL||AUTH_VALUE	*	*	AND	1
D	VIRSA_CC_FUNCPRM	BS10	PFCG	LSC	S_USER_VAL||OBJECT	*	*	AND	1
D	VIRSA_CC_FUNCPRM	BS10	SM19	LSC	S_ADMI_FCD||S_ADMI_FCD	AUDA	AUDA	OR	0
D	VIRSA_CC_FUNCPRM	BS10	SM19	LSC	S_ADMI_FCD||S_ADMI_FCD	AUDD	AUDD	OR	0

Please note that this was not causing issue while importing but only while trying to get results.

As you can see two main changes have been made:

- The first one concern the separator which as to be a "||" (double pipe) and not a /

- The second one is regarding truncanting objects (AUTH_VALU --> AUTH_VALUE)

For this second point i've made an import into excel for this table and match this list of object with the associated table in SAP in order to have a comprehensive list of truncated objects.

Hope this helps.

Jerome.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jérôme,

We have taken you and Daniela's advice and basically used trial and error to fix our import problems. After digging very deep into the rule export file, we found several formatting errors that needed to be corrected. I am happy to report that we have indeed fixed the errors and have imported sucessfully.

The main issues we had were extra tabs and missing or corrupt data.

Thanks again for your help!

Jes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jerome;

Do you have an example of table VIRSA_CC_MITUSER as i am getting the same error

PRD

M VIRSA_CC_MITUSER MITREFNO RISKID USERID VALIDTO MONITORID STATUS

D VIRSA_CC_MITUSER R1 R6120W401 LKHOURI 9999-12-31 MKIDAMBI 0

D VIRSA_CC_MITUSER R1 R6120W501 LKHOURI 9999-12-31 MKIDAMBI 0

Error in table dataVIRSA_CC_MITUSER

SQL:=>Insert into VIRSA_CC_MITUSER(MITREFNO,RISKID,USERID,VALIDTO,MONITORID,STATUS ) Values(?,?,?,?,?,?)

Record::Line Number :3 : D VIRSA_CC_MITUSER

Thanks & Regards

Ayaz

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Daniela and Jérôme.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniela/Jérôme/Jes;

I am really stuck importing the mitigating .txt file for the users & having the same errors in 5.3, do you'll have the format for mitigating users ? below is my file format please suggest if i am doing something wrong here

PRD

Appreciate it

Regards

Ayaz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniela/Jérôme/Jes;

I am really stuck importing the mitigating .txt file for the users & having the same errors in 5.3, do you'll have the format for mitigating users ? below is my file format please suggest if i am doing something wrong here

PRD

Appreciate it

Regards

Ayaz