cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOAP Sender Adapter: CDATA in response is lost

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Issue: CDATA sections in response messages are removed in the adapter engine and content of what used to be a CDATA section is replaced with HTML equivalents.

Simplified version of my scenaio:

Request is sent to SAP XI via synchronous SOAP adapter (HTTPS). Next BPM receives the request and returns the request as response. A response mapping creates static output which contains a CDATA section. This is done via an XSLT mapping.

When I look in AFW the response looks just as expected. The CDATA section is present and everythings nice.

When I look in ICM everything also looks very nice - CDATA section is present.

When I receive the response in my client (uses both SAP SOAP client and wfetch) cdata section is gone and replaced with HTML equivalents.

If I sent message directly into integration engine instead of using AFW then the response is returned nicely - CDATA section is present.

Anybody can explain this?

Best Regards,

Daniel

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok, kind of stupid.

After some reconsideration the following became clear to me:

1) ICM handles communication in/out of ABAP stack and thus is not really relevant to consider for the problem at hand.

2) The fact that my Sender SOAP adapter is using SOAP envelope, means that the adapter has to parse the response when wrapping it in an envelope. During this proces the CDATA section disappear because its all the same to the parser in any case.

Problem solved - "mystery" explained! In order to send CDATA section as a response I thus need to manually handle the SOAP envelope.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Maybe I should just add that system is 2004s SPS 15.

Still I hope someone can help or at least argue that CDATA-sections can be sent in a response message.

Best Regards,

Daniel