Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collecting and bundling messages - transformation n->1 messages problem

peter_jarsunek
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I try to implement the scenario with collecting and bundling messages. I have a question: when you look at the samples in Basis6.40 SW Component, namespace http://sap.com/xi/XI/System/Patterns, there is an example, which uses message mapping BpmPatternCollectMerge.

My question is: how can this mapping work??? it is mapping of N messages into 1 of the same type!!

And when you try to test it, it does not work...

Can you help, how to solve it? Or any ideas for other possibilities, how to merge the messages?

Thanx, Peter

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Peter,

>>>My question is: how can this mapping work???

this mapping doens't make sense:)

you have to create your own

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions">XI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</a>

peter_jarsunek
Participant
0 Kudos

mmmmmmhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... I see

I just couldn't understand it! The mistake was not in me, I'll sleep better...

Peter

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

oops, I made a mistake. Michal is correct.

For a N:1 bundling, we need to have a BPM. The RB_SPLIT and RB_CLASSIC interface detrmination comes into picture only for a 1:N mapping.

Thanks michal

Regards,

Bhavesh

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

no problem, everyone makes mistakes:)

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions">XI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</a>

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

To perform a N:1 transformation, these are the follwing important steps,

DESIGN

1. In your message mapping, make sure that the occurence of the source message interface is made to be n.

2. Likewise, in your Interface mapping, the occurence of the Source Message Interface should also be made N.

CONFIGURATION

If you are using SP14 or SP15, the mapping can be done without a BPM as follows,

u will have to go for a BPM with a receive step inside a loop with a multiline container element and the transformation step outside the loop to do the N:1 mapping

Hope this clarifies and helps,

Regards,

Bhavesh

Message was edited by: Bhavesh Kantilal

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

>>>To perform a N:1 transformation, these are the follwing important steps,

>>>If you are using SP14 or SP15, the mapping can be done without a BPM as follows,

how can you do N:1 transformation without the BPM?

if you're thinking about the <b>mapping based message split</b>

than it's 1:N and not N:1

Regards,

michal

former_member91687
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

Have a look at these links:

/people/narendra.jain/blog/2005/12/30/various-multi-mappings-and-optimizing-their-implementation-in-integration-processes-bpm-in-xi

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/21/6faf35c2d74295a3cb97f6f3ccf43c/content.htm

Cheers,

Chandra