cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMD Agent set up error -"At least one support role assignment did not succ"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

After continuos attempts to set up SMD ,went ahead till setting up the SMD Agent for one of our system (Java stack system) by running wizard as following

Daignostics setup-Setup wizard-gave setup parameters like

Messageserver host and j2ee admin user id and pssword ,also the installation path amd the P4 port.

Ofcourse as usual its failed with one error and few warnings.

The error is as following

"Step Roles Details

User existence check failed : SPML service failed to process searchRequest reply : J2EE_ADMIN is not allowed to perform search request

No J2EE roles could be assigned to user SAPSUPPORT for access to SQL*Trace and SystemInfo applications

Failed to get User ID for user with logonname SAPSUPPORT

!! Exception : SPML service failed to process searchRequest reply : J2EE_ADMIN is not allowed to perform search request

Failed to assign UME support Roles : SPML service failed to process searchRequest reply : J2EE_ADMIN is not allowed to perform search request

Failed to assign UME support Roles for XI : SPML service failed to process searchRequest reply : J2EE_ADMIN is not allowed to perform search request

Exceptions

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: SPML service failed to process searchRequest reply : J2EE_ADMIN is not allowed to perform search request

at com.sap.sup.admin.setup.SPMLAdapter.getUmeObjectIdAndAttributes(SPMLAdapter.java:395)

at com.sap.sup.admin.setup.SPMLAdapter.getUmeID(SPMLAdapter.java:273)

at com.sap.sup.admin.setup.SPMLAdapter.getUserID(SPMLAdapter.java:130)

at com.sap.smd.agent.plugins.remotesetup.RemoteSetupStep.setupRoles(RemoteSetupStep.java:326)

at com.sap.smd.agent.plugins.remotesetup.RemoteSetupStep.execute(RemoteSetupStep.java:106)

at com.sap.smd.agent.plugins.remotesetup.SapInstance.setup(SapInstance.java:263)

at com.sap.smd.agent.plugins.remotesetup.RemoteSetupService._setup(RemoteSetupService.java:155)

at com.sap.smd.agent.plugins.remotesetup.RemoteSetupService.setup(RemoteSetupService.java:85)

at com.sap.smd.agent.plugins.remotesetup.RemoteSetupServicep4_Skel.dispatch(RemoteSetupServicep4_Skel.java:112)

at com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.DispatchImpl._runInternal(DispatchImpl.java:319)

at com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.DispatchImpl._run(DispatchImpl.java:200)

at com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.DispatchImpl.run(DispatchImpl.java:716)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:770)"

Could any one please advise how to resolve this error.

Thank You.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Java only system use user - ADMINISTRATOR , provide correct mssg server port &host .

P4 port will be 5XX04

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your reply ;

But i gave the administrator user id i.e.j2ee_admin and also the right message server port (checked in /etc/services) and the P4 port as 5<SID>04 i.e. S14 and also i tried gving server port as SBX14V50 and sapmsS14 and it failed both the times,got the same error

Please correct me if im wrong in giving parameters or is thereany other way to resolve the error.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also in logs i find the following error

g 11, 2008 2:19:33 PM [Thread[Thread-57,5,main]] Info [Setup]Trying to connect to P4 port=51404, User=smd_admin

Aug 11, 2008 2:19:34 PM [Thread[Thread-57,5,main]] Error P4 connection error

Aug 11, 2008 2:22:28 PM [Thread[Thread-89,5,main]] Info [Setup]Trying to connect to P4 port=51404, User=j2ee_admin

Aug 11, 2008 2:22:28 PM [Thread[Thread-89,5,main]] Error P4 connection error

[EXCEPTION]

MessageListener.java:33)

at com.sap.engine.core.cluster.impl6.session.MessageRunner.run(MessageRunner.java:41)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.ActionObject.run(ActionObject.java:37)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(AccessController.java:219)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.SingleThread.execute(SingleThread.java:102)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.SingleThread.run(SingleThread.java:172)

Caused by: com.sap.engine.services.security.exceptions.BaseLoginException: Authentication did not succeed.

at com.sap.engine.services.security.login.ModulesProcessAction.run(ModulesProcessAction.java:175)

... 13 more

Aug 11, 2008 2:22:28 PM [Thread[Thread-89,5,main]] Error [Setup]Connection to P4 port of managed system failed

[EXCEPTION]

Not sure why im getting this error even when the P4 port is correct.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You said java stack system how come it has j2ee_admin user, use user id - administrator.

Logon to system info page satellite system - http://host:port:5XX00

get the msg server port & host.

also check whether the P4 ports are open from OS side

ex: telnet host 5XX04

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your reply.

Im quite new to this area,i would definately check as suggested by you.

But one thing i dont understand is how the wizard took the j2ee_admin user id and password and went ahead further.

Our system is ISA (java stack system).

I shall check if the ports are open or not and one more query here,

when we telnet host 5XX04 ,how would the result come as if the port is opened and if the port is not opened could you please tell me how to open it with steps to do it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Forgot to mention one more thing in my previous messagei setup the SMD agent using the ./smdsetup.sh in /usr/sap/SMD/J90/SMDAgent folder and here i gave path of java ,j2ee_admin user id and password.Now i doubt if i setup the SMDagent for this system wrong.

Also i could log in to the webpage of the satellite system with the j2ee_admin user id and password.

And for sure i can see that this system is only a java stack system.

Im confused ,please clear my doubts.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it CRM system. I guess UME is abap engine.

if j2ee_admin exits u can use that user. Now i guess the P4 ports are not opened.

Check whether u r able to connect on os side.

Also u can check the smd agent logs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Its Internet Sales (ISA system) (Application of CRM system).But we dont have CRM system in our environment ,we have only ISA system.

But you are right i gave the user id:Administrator and rest all parameters are right and set up the wizard for this system and its successful

Ofcourse i have four other systems to be set up further....

Thanks a lot

Full points awarded.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kobby,

I am pretty new to solution manager.

How to make the smd agent collects information from a particular satellite system? Which file do i have to configure? also what is the real role of the component analyzer.

your help is much appreciated if you provide me with the steps.

Regards,

lachker

Answers (0)