cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need the WM structure info

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have the following case where i need to define the structure in warehouse complex.In the current non-SAP system the entire warehouse area has a highrack storage, where there are about 100 materials stored.The WM users have defined storage of materials as first 10 bins are for mat#A, the next 10 bins are for mat#B and so on.

By defining just one storage type for Highrack, can we define search strategies where we can place in the above method. Or Do i need to define many storage sections? Please advise.

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If you want to segregate certain materials then you have to be able to tell the system where you want them to go.

Whilst you can create a specific st type or st sec indicator for each material you still need a seperate strategy for each indicator/material to show them where to go.

I cannot think of any other way to do this.

I appreciate the amount of work but at least it is a once only job and has you have more materials the strategies will already be there.

Another possibility I think is to make certain bins specific bin types and then only allow certain storage unit types in those bins and then in the WM2 view of thye material master use the palletisation data to make your materials specific st unit types and then they willonly go where they are allowed.

Regards

Frenchy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I think your choices are as follows

Create one storage type for each material or

Create one st section for each material and then create the strategies.

I hope that this helps

Frenchy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi frenchy,

If we do that there could be 100 storage types or 100 storage sections that we need to define.Is that the best way to do?

Thanks