cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphical multi-mapping query

0 Kudos

Hello,

I am working on a scenario where I am tryign to make use of multi mapping but not sure about the steps.

My scenario is:

Source message --> intermediate message (here I am doing the mapping relevant for transformation of message)

Intermediate message --> target message (here I am putting the intermediate message as XML in one of the elements of the target message mainly to ceate envelope)

This target message finally goes to call a web service (through SOAP receiver adapter). I want the above set of two mappings to be executed in sequence so that only the final target map goes out of PI.

Questions I have:

Can I make the intermediate message as both source and target as described above?

Can it be done without making using of graphical mapping (no BPM)?

If yes, what are the steps and notes I should keep in mind to sucessfully achieve it and what would be steps in Integration directory?

Your help will be appreciated.

Many thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

0 Kudos

XML as string serves the purpose beautifully.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

The requirement you have is not multi-mapping,its using multiple message mapping within one interface mapping.

As for your question,yeah you can use multiple message mappings in one interface mapping and then will be executed in the order you have specified in interface mapping.

Thanx

Aamir

Pl:There is no need of BPM at all in your case.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are going XSLT or Java mapping with compination of message mapping then it will resolve your issue.

Source -xslt -Intermidiate Message.

Intermidiate Message-Message Mapping-Target.

If you go for this type then There is no need of creating intermidiate structure.

If you are using 2 message mapping then that time you need a intermidiate structure.

Source -Message Mapping -Intermidiate Message.

Intermidiate Message-Message Mapping-Target.

Regards,

Prakasu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check the below link

Multi Map With out BPM

/people/jin.shin/blog/2006/02/07/multi-mapping-without-bpm--yes-it146s-possible

Illustration of Multi-Mapping with BPM

Hope it ll help u.

Regards,

Malini.