cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DB failed in transport tool test STMS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a problem. It looks simple but I tried to resolve it with known way without sucess.

I have two systems BWD (develop) and BWP (production).

I configured in stms domain and transport group for these systems. Auth on DIR_TRANS is set properly, variable SAPTRANSHOST is set in hosts file.

Tests in STMS of connection, transport tool and tsadm for BWD is ok. BWD is the domain controller.

When i'm testing BWP connection, tsadm are ok but transport tool return an error.

(dbms_type is not set. error code 0249.)

db is mssql.

I check env variables for user bwpadm and they disapear. I try to use ntenv2reg.exe but no variables are set.

I try to add from OS to user bwpadm all necessary variables but after restart they disapear.

Also I try to add these variables via regedit software-sap-bwp-enviroment and also after restart variables are missing.

I don't have any other idea how to do set these variables...

please help

Regards,

Michal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. Check to see you are running the right kernel, sometimes a 32 bit kernel will actually run in a 64 bit environment, but when cycling the service the registry won't get updated.

2. Make sure you are running the latest version of the kernel.

3. Worst case, remove then add the service back in, do both with sapstartsrv.exe. When adding the service back, make sure to check the box which says use the user environment variable and put in the user running the service there.

4. The user environment variable should contain all the necessary information.

Answers (0)