cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Schedule line confirmation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have created a SO (with three line item)and the confirmed qty for the first two line items is Zero , where are for the third line the schedule line is confirmed.

Here are my questions:

a) I have read in one of the answers that if there is no stock the confirmed qty is o,but as far as my knowledge goes, the system first does backward scheduling and if the the date falls in the past ,it will do forward scheduling and gives the date in future ...so there is no question of confirmed qty being zero. Please clarify.

b) There is this Fixed/del qty check box in Schedule line tab and when you check that and no qty is confirmed , the SO is not shown in MD04, and when the fixed/del qty is unchecked and no qty is confirmed than the SO is shown in MD04, please clarify this.

c) How to carry out the availability check manually.

Thanks a million in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

the system performs the availability check based on 3 important things

1. Stock in hand

2. Inward movements like purchaseorder purchase requestion

3. Outward movements like reservations

apart from these check without RLT also plays a important role

Backward scheduling is done to confirm the material availabity to the customers requsted delivery date

By backward scheduling if system doesnt able give availability on the requested delivery date then it goes for forward scheduling

In both of these the lead times such as transit time,transportation lead time,loading time,pickpacktime is taken in to consideration and the system arrives at the material availability date and performs an availibility check at plant level on this date

To view your order in MD04 you need to configure both availability check and transfer of requirements

Raja

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Done...

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Your understanding is correct. Though the system carries the scheduling and confirms the quantities, if it couldn't confirm the delivery for the 'Requested Delivery Date' - then it creates one schedule line for that requested delivery date with zero confirmed quantities and then creates one or more schedule lines with delivery dates and quantities.

Though you have sufficient quantities, if the customer's requested delivery date is tomorrow, and if all the lead times put together is more than one day, then the system cannot confirm the delivery for today and hence creates one sch line with zero quantity for requested delivery date.

Thanks,

Ravi