cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

functinalities used with product planning table and ds planning board

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am interested in knowing about the functinalities can used in product planning board and ds planning table.

Please let me know the adv. and disadv of both utilities.

I also wnat to know, in which business scenarios one should go for ds planning board than product planning table.

regards,

Ravindra

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

The product planning table provides you with a periodic, aggregated view of:

1. Production

2. External procurement

The product planning table is particularly useful for repetitive manufacturers as you can use it to plan materials and loads on the production lines/resources simultaneously.

Therefore, it covers both product and capacity planning. As well as for production planning, you can also use the product planning table for planning externally procured components. That is, the product planning table also provides an interface for the procurement planner.

DS Board is used for

1. Graphical representation of the planning situation

2. Interactive solution of planning problems

It has more specific use in "Interactive detailed scheduling "

It reperesents "Gantt charts " that show the time position of activities, operations and orders on the resources.

Also the detailed scheduling planning board is integrated in the "order processing view " and in the "product planning board".

The above mentioned are only few of functionalities , kindly refer to sap .help for more of them .

As both the tools provide almost same amount of flexibilty the decision to choose between them is decided by the user's convenince

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Abhijeet,

Thanks for your answer.

But I think you have answered the first part of the question.

Please let me know with example in which business situation product planning table is preferred than ds planning board or vice versa.

Waiting for replies.

Regards,

Ravindra

Answers (0)