cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Way to Put all system jobs on hold

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dears,

I am performing remote client copy,So i want that during client copy time no job should run.

So i want to put all jobs on hold.

Should i change status of all jobs from released to scheduled.

Please suggest how can i do that.

Deepak

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It´s easier:

execute using SE38

BTCTRNS1

and after that

BTCTRNS2

This will just "suspend" the jobs and later release them again. No need to manually fiddle with them. The same program is used during upgrades also.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

Thanks for the information.

Just I want to know one more thing like my job scheduled was for today 4 PM and at 3 suspend the jobs.

Tommarow at 2 I release the jobs.Job was frequency was hourly now.When will this job run.

Please suggest.

Deepak

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Depending on the number available batch processes and other jobs it´s possible that they run together at the same time.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok..That means If a job was running hourly and we release it after 24 hrs then after releasing it will execute 24 times if sufficient number of WP available, so that its time can be synchronized with current time.

Please correct me if i am wrong.

Also confirm like if at that time only one WP available what would be scenario means how many jobs will execute.

Deepak.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Ok..That means If a job was running hourly and we release it after 24 hrs then after releasing it will execute 24 times if sufficient number of WP available, so that its time can be synchronized with current time.

Yes - it will run 24 times.

> Also confirm like if at that time only one WP available what would be scenario means how many jobs will execute.

just one - one by one, all others will wait. Which one is starting first and next depends on the job classes. The sequence however will stay right (means, a job planned for 4:00 pm will run before the originally planned for 5:00 pm).

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Markus....

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have tested this recently, and my findings show that the periodic job will run once immediately after BTCTRNS2 is executed, and then return to its regular schedule.

This was on NW2004s (7.0) with Support Pack Stack 10.

Andy

Edited by: Andy Howard on Nov 6, 2008 2:49 PM

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I have tested this recently, and my findings show that the periodic job will run once immediately after BTCTRNS2 is executed, and then return to its regular schedule.

If the time for that periodic job is overdue - yes. The system checks in intervals of the parameter "rdisp/btctime" for jobs to be executed (usually every 60 seconds).

Markus

Answers (0)