cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workflow with in workflow

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi MDMers,

Is there any possibility for calling an another workflow with in a workflow?

In the "STOP" property, i found a launch field (here i can launch another workflow) .

Am i correct or not ?

wiating for answers and suggestions.

Regards,

Vijay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

Reverse case is not true i.e. WF1 is manual and WF2 is Automatic. There is no restriction on WF1 but WF2's Trigger Action cannot be Automatic. Only workflows contains Trigger Action = Manual will be available in the list of Stop step. Also workflows table plays an important role in launching cascaded workflows. One can cascade the workflows created on same tables.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jitesh,

That's exactly why I was not sure of the reverse case working.

Thanks For your explanation.

Regards

Simona

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

Your undesrtanding is right

You can call another workflow from with a workflow

- In the stop step of teh Workflow you have to give the name of the another workflow which yu have created.

- This will trigger the next workflow on completion of the first.

Hope It Helped,

Thanks & Regards

Simona Pinto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Simona,

Is it possible to make the first workflow as 'manual' and next workflow as "automatic'?

Regards,

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

Each workflow you create will be a new record in the workflow tabel so you can give the processing type for each separately

You can make WF1 as automatic (as record import/record add/record/update)and WF 2 as manual Then in the Wf1 stop step give WF2 name.

This will trigger the second workflow from the first WF.

First workflow as Automatic and second as Manual will work .I am not sure whether the reverse will work.

Hope It Helped,

Thanks & Regards

Simona Pinto