cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FPM & OIF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Is ist possible with OIF on basis of deep structure to create a UI with complex parent/kind relations. As relations can be get dynamic form deep structures, only thing to do must be creation of views in WebDynpro and implementing of exception cases. Views can be put for example in one single view, in road map or in list/detail-Views. OIF must fill View-Context from deep structures und fill deep structures from View-Context. FMP would in this case offer similar functionality how Visual Composer, but more flexible. Deep structure will be processed with web service.

Regards

Paul

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

To be honest I'm not sure I completely understand your question. Floorplan manager is simply a tool for arranging multiple Views or Components into one application flow. It provides some framework hooks for doing checks before exit and things like that; but it doesn't actually process the data or take responsibility for binding data into the context. That must be handled by the components used in the Floorplan. We do have the concept of a shared data component in floorplan manager, but that is really just a web dynpro component that implements the IF_FPM_SHARED_DATA interface.

It is this sentence that makes me think you are confusing the role that FPM and OIF play:

OIF must fill View-Context from deep structures und fill deep structures from View-Context.

The popuplation of the context nodes from services or application logic is no different in FPM than in any other type of Web Dynpro application.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Thomas,

I was a developer in WebObjects von Apple. It was possible automatically on basis of foreign keys from database to create screens in order to maintain table records.

I thought, with FPM (maybe in the future) WD-Applications can be 'generated' from deep structures or from normal, if the relations are provided. Such applications can be - RoadMap, composition views, Object Value Selector Pattern.

If i have a adequate web service, that kann process this deep structure, UI is almost ready.

There must only be the possibility to 'replace' some generated parts with own coding - process_event-Method. Views mit UI-Elements can also be created manually.

Regards

Paul

Answers (0)