SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

account for tax posting could not be determined

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I am trying to post an incoming invoice thru transaction ETRANSF. I get 2 errors which are

1> "Message no. EDEREG_INV682" "In posting area 0010 you store the account determination for the sales tax (company code 0001, tax code V3)."

Action taken: Maintained the entry in FQC0 for Area 0010 - V3 - MWS(output tax)

2> Tax code V3 country DE does not exist in procedure TAXD

"If it is not an input error, check and possibly change the system settings.

To do this, choose Maintain entries (F5).

Check whether the company code is assigned to the correct country and whether the correct tax calculation procedure has been entered for the company code country.

Create a new tax code if necessary."

Not being a FI consultant, i have no clue where this entry would be maintained and am getting both the errors even after taking action mentioned in error 1.

Thanks for your help in advance..

Cheers,

Anasua

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

create a tax procedure for ur country with the help of fi consultant.

Rgds,

Naren

alexander_breuer
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

for the first message please check the customizing in TA SPRO:

Financial Accounting (New) -> Contract Accounts Receivable and Payable -> Basic Functions -> Postings and Documents -> Document -> Define Account Assignments for Automatic Postings -> Automatic G/L Account Determination -> Define Accounts for Sales/Purchase Tax

Here you have to maintain the correct account account determination for the sales tax.

for your second message you have to check:

Financial Accounting (New) -> Financial Accounting Global Settings (New) -> Tax on Sales/Purchases -> Calculation -> Define Tax Codes for Sales and Purchases

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Alexander

0 Kudos

Hi experts,

Thanks a lot for the help. But the problems did not got resolved. Need to consult a FI consultant. The errors are still coming.

Regards

Anasua

0 Kudos

hi anausa

iam not sure whther my suggestion will sove ur problem but just try it ,may be u will be lucky

goto /fiacc new/fi accountings global settings/tax on sales/purchaes/basic settings/assign country to clculation procedure

in this screen just try removing the pocedure term for the country u have slected

ex india means dnt give any input for it..let it remain just as india and no proecure for it

and save it

try not

may work or may not

try it and tel the status back

regards

prince