Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect the ESR system to a global SLD based on the NetWeaver 7.0

former_member192766
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have just installed the SAP NetWeaver CE 7.1 with the Enterprise Services Repository, I want to connect the ESR to a global SLD (NetWeaver 7.0 SP14 with usage types AS JAVA and NWDI).

In the NetWeaver Adminsitration: Configuration wizard, step 1 (Initial setup of functional SLD) and step 2 (Configuration of Services Registry webservice Destination) finished successfuly. I have a problem with the third step (Configuration of ESR in CE in the step 34 of 34: Importing XI content). Error: Invoke component sap.com/com.sap.xi.ctc.app is not found.

Further, the role SAP_XI_IR_SERV_USER does not exist on the corresponding SLD because it's not an XI/PI usage type.

Does this mean that you can only connect the ESR to a local SLD (CE environment) or an XI/PI environment?

Or do I need to import some components into the SLD (NetWeaver 7.0)?

Thanks a lot for all your help.

Regards,

Ridouan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The import fail is nothing to do with remote SLD. Just skip and manually import. We had the same problem in SP5 with local sld itself.

For details,

Thanks,

Abdul Raheem S

former_member192766
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Abdul Raheem,

Thanks for your help. The blog is helpful.

I still want to know If it possible/supported by SAP to use a Global SLD based on SAP NetWeaver 7.0 with no PI Usage Type for the ESR on SAP NetWeaver CE 7.1.

In the step, Configuration of ESR in CE: "Make sure that the user ESRSLD(SID)" with the roles SAP_XI_IR_SERV_USER and SAP_SLD_CONFIGURATION has already available on the remote SLD server".

The role: SAP_XI_IR_SERV_USER doesn't exist on the remote SLD because it's not an PI Usage Type.

Thanks again.

Regards,

Ridouan

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ridouan,

Nice to see you're still on SDN We had the same issues at shell and opened some OSS messages for this. The answer we got so far from SAP is that it is supported to use an Central 7.0 SLD (without any usages types besides AS JAVA (and abap if necessary) . We've got it working now as well.

Regards,

Nico van der Linden...

former_member192766
Participant
0 Kudos

Assign the ESRSLD(SID) user to the SLD Administrator group SAP_SLD_ADMINISTRATOR.

In this way I can access the remote SLD from the Enterprise Services Builder Tool.

I am not sure If SAP support the ESR with a remote SLD 7.0 (NW2004s) without the PI Usage Type.