cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Process Bid as Substitute---Contact Person Mandatory?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Our customer won't like to use SUS to process Bid but they need to use 'Bid Invitation' as RFQ. It seems the purchaser need to use function 'process bid as Substitute' to matintain the quotation. My question is:

1、Is purchaser have to use function 'process bid as Substitute' ? Any other way to maintain the quotation?

2、If purchaser have to use function 'process bid as Substitute' , is contact person mandatory for each bidder? We have to mass create contact person for every protential bidder?

Many thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kathirvel,

Thank you for your reply. I just forward your points. One more question is that do you know any way to Mass create the contact person?

CC muthuraman,

Thank you for your information. Just forward your points.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can use the below standard function modules and build some mass create application

BBP_CREATE_CONTACT_PERSON
BBP_CREATE_CONTACT_USER

Regards

Kathirvel

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kathirvel,

Thank you very much!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kathirvel,

Thank you very much for your quick feedback. I searched the SAP online help and find below description below Bidding Engine-->Surrogate Bidding:

Purchasers can enter a bid on behalf of a bidder. For example, if the bidder is not able to access the system, they can contact the purchaser, who then enters the bid on behalf of the bidder.

To do this, the purchaser goes into the transaction Process Bid as Substitute, searches for a contact person and creates the bid for the bid invitation in question.

The purchaser can also bid as substitute within an existing bid invitation by using the Bid as Substitute functions provided in the bidder list

It seems there are two ways to do the Bid as Substitutes. I tried this two way, but it seems use the same transaction...I don't whether I have done the corrected configuration...

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Are you refering this transaction

The purchaser can also bid as substitute within an existing bid invitation by using the Bid as Substitute functions provided in the bidder list.

To bid as substitute, the purchaser must have authorization for transaction BBP_QUOT_BOB. The first authorization level enables the purchaser to create new bids; the second authorization level enables the purchaser to change submitted bids, as well as create new bids.

See Nagaraj reply 3 rd point .Thanks Naga

regards

Muthu

Edited by: muthuraman on Aug 14, 2008 10:26 AM

Edited by: muthuraman on Aug 14, 2008 10:27 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Darcy,

There are two transactions to submit surrogate bids and are below:

To do this, the purchaser goes into the transaction Process Bid as Substitute, searches for a contact person and creates the bid for the bid invitation in question.

1) BBP_QUOT_BOB - Process Surrogate Bid 
Here you have to select the contact person of a bidder first for submitting a surrogate bid

The purchaser can also bid as substitute within an existing bid invitation by using the Bid as Substitute functions provided in the bidder list

2)BBP_BID_INV - Process Bid Invitation 
Here you have to navigate to 
Header Data -> Bidders / Bids

-> Here for all bidders with contact person and who have permitted surrogate bidding, you click "Create Quotation for Bidder" button at the right hand side.

Hope this is clear. But a contact person is required in both cases.

Regards

Kathirvel

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. You can use the ABAP Proxy QuoteNotification_In to create quotations. The other standard function modules are BBP_PD_QUOT_CREATE, BBP_PD_QUOT_UPDATE & BBP_PD_QUOT_SAVE. There are no standard transactions as a workaround.

2. Yes, contact person is required.

Regards

Kathirvel