cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Category & Category Group

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi :

Whats differnece between category & category gorup .

Please explain in detail with examples .

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member

Hi,

1) Category Group

A group of categories that is used for:

Forecast consumption

SNP

Use

Use the category group to specify the order categories you want to be considered by Supply Network Planning (SNP) when reading the key figure from liveCache.

2) Category of Stock/Receipt/Requirement/Forecast

Categories describe the various stock, receipt, requirement, and forecast categories in SAP APO. SAP APO is shipped with a record of categories that represent MRP elements in the SAP R/3 system. You can create additional categories for external (non-SAP) systems.

Use

You can use the category to define which order type Supply Network Planning creates in this key figure in SAP liveCache (for example, SNP stock transfer, deployment stock transfer, and so on).

Exampel:

Category group: FP1 having Categories - AC, AD , AI, AJ, BU.

This Category Group si assigned to order series key figure 9AFPROD- Production (Conf.) in Planning Area - 9ASNP02.This key figure has semantics 000 which means its Order Series key figure and its must to define either category group or category in Planning Area.

Hope this clarifies.

rgds

NIl

Dear Shyam,

Transactional data from OLTP systems,PP/DS and Standard SNP is saved in Livecache as orders with diffrerent ATP categories.

e.g. BM is ATP category for sales Order

BR for delivery

EQ for stock transfer delivery

EH for deployed VMI-SO

EK for TLB:VMI-SO

ER for delivery

All the above categories involves issue of stocks.

Therefore , these categories can be grouped together to form a Category Group called "ATD Issue quantities". This group can be used in calculation of "Available to Deploy quantity" .

ATP category groups corresponds to the KEY FIGURES in the planning area.

Hope this explanation will solve your purpose.

Regards,

Samir Baruah

Former Member
0 Kudos

See i know that different order types have different category like forecast . sales order , P Req etc ,

also that catgory group is summarization of different category but my question here is if i only have category for Key figure and not use category group what wud happen or lets say if i only have ctaegory group and not category ..how it would affect

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In Planning area you can define either of Category group or Category for a keyfigure.No need to maintain both.EVen if u maintain both in Planning area, its OK.

rgds

Nil