Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client Export (SAP_ALL)

prasad_sure
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are planning to Client Export (SAP_ALL) in this week. My question is our Database is 264 GB. In the /usr/sap/trans we are having space almost 115 GB.

How much Free space is required for this client export?

Please Suggest me.

Regards

S.Prasad

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Done......you were right

martin_juen2
Contributor
0 Kudos

If you export only one client on your system you will need much less then thought, because the data are highly compressed.

We have a 1.6 TB DB and exported (SAP_ALL) our biggest client with est. 200 GB. The file in /usr/sap/trans needed 20 GB aon space.

regards,

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have 180 GB dabase on production client, can some one pl suggest me how much space is reuired to client export.

Thanks,

Dushyant

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Roughly it's about 1/10 - 1/8 of the size.

Markus

former_member1351727
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

The size is the size of the entire database ..

So you need to check how many clients contribute this...Roughtly.

And the client which you are trying to copy is it holding application data is it used in day to day production transactions then if will be having major porsition in the entire DB size.

And also running Clinet copy first in the test mode will help you get an idea about size and other requirements.

Please go through this note:118823 .It has reports through which we can ger rough figure of client size.

And also this:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm32/helpdata/en/69/c24c4e4ba111d189750000e8322d00/content.htm

Thanks.

prasad_sure
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the information.

We are transferring the data Production to Development server. But in the Production server we are having 264 GB and now the free space in the trans folder almost 115 GB. It's sufficient or not.

Regards

S.Prasad

former_member227600
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This space is sufficent to export the client in PRD.

karan