Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

availability check in sales order creation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

My client has the following requirement:

Stock is generally available to cater to the needs of sales order/ customer requirements. If the stock is less than the sales order requirement, order proposals should be created by the system.

When the stockPIRsplanned orders are only for 50, and when a sales order is created for 100, in availability check in the sales order the system is confirming all the 100 quantity. Is there something wrong in the system or is this correct? Schedule lines are not created.

The settings in MRP views are strategy 40, consumption indicator 2 (backward and forward), consumption periods 30 days each side, availability check 2.

The settings in spro for the strategy 40 are requirements classes 101, 050; requirements type VSF, KSV, consumption indicator 1, field no MRP is blank.

I have posted this issue in PP forums also

I am in doubt if I am missing out something.

Need expert advice on this. Suitable answers will be rewarded. This is a very critical issue for me. I am at client place now.

Thanks in advance

Ram

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Raghu Ram

If you are raising a Sales order then keep Strategy group--20. and try ..

if any issue get back

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Srinivas,

Production is not triggered purely by sales orders. Production takes place on the basis of forecast. There is stock available always. But when the stock is less than the incoming sales order the system should generate new order proposals to the extent of the shortage. Can strategy 20 meet this requirement???

Raghu

0 Kudos

Dear Raghu,

Check the req type in sales order procurement tab. It should be KSV. You can change this here itself or in the SD configuration settings in OVZI for the item category. This should solve your problem.

Regards

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ram,

In IMG setting OVZI requirment class has to maintain KEL.

Regards,,,,

SANJEEV

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ramesh,

Thanks for your reply. The problem is solved.

Regards,

Raghu