cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STMS - Transport Layer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I understand that the default and recommended transport route is DEV -> QA -> PRD.

Most of our transports are created in DEV and subsequently transported to QA and then PRD. However, we have a scenario whereby we also need to create some transports in QA then transported back to DEV and PRD.

I know that this is an unconventional method and not recommended - but is there a way for me to do that?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First thing is its not recommended and other thing transport is only possible in one way.Transporting in the reverse way is not possible. You can do this way, like once you create a request in QAS you can release it then it will generate co-files and data files just copy then and import manually in your dev and prd systems.

But I dont suggest you to make any changes in your QAS system.What is the point of using QAS then?

Regards,

Vamshi.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member682089
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can create request in quality and copy the cofiles and data files to dev. and production and manually add transport and import.

but pls dont use quality for changes use development. else u will have inconsitancy in system.

Regards,

Sandeep Nayak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Thanks for all your replies & feedback.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Even though this is recommended for you requirement.but it's not good thing to create Transport in Qa system and Manually imported into dev and prod system.

Thx.